Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing service prices and contract

FIXED
DE5T1NY
Rising Star

Confusing service prices and contract

Hello Everyone

I tried to get a confusing bill price sorted yesterday morning by phone, the person on the other end [CSA Removed] tried his best to understand it but give up, and transferred me to another department for help, but the next person I spoke to couldn't work it out and suggested I hang up and he would phone back in an hour or two with some answers. Still working it I as no call back arrived.

Today I phoned and after about 30 minutes his person put me on hold and returned to tell me the extra £20 charge was for changing/upgrading half way through the month, and if I look at the website (plusnet) I see it in the contract .

I asked him to confirm if I was in an 18 month contract or "out of contract" he told me I'm in an 18 month contract, but when I told him to check the email I was send two weeks before upgrading stating it clearly shows "[b]New contract period:[/b] Monthly" but after first stating he couldn't see the email he then stated he found the email in question and it was clearly meant to be "18" then I asked he to look at my account on the website and tell me what is my current package stated, I can see it says "Out of contract" but the website is also wrong.

So the website clearly states I'll pay at least £20 extra to upgrade by using the website method :scratch:

But the email and contract details are both wrong about "contract" details.

Or this the person who last dealt with this wrong

I've included some photos in the hope someone can tell me if I can remove myself from this "contract/uncontract" without incurring more money.

When joining up with this company a few months ago I was told to try the broadband option first and then upgrade at anytime if it's suitable, but looks like it too was misleading as no-one advised about extra costs no wonder their waiting time on the phone is so long :study:

Stupid of me to take these people (customer service team) advice about how simple it is to upgrade, only to be told the discount doesn't apply if upgrading by your web account and extra charges will apply.

So now it's not £5 a month for 18 months despite what I was told before upgrading but over £20 a month for the next 18 months, or so this reply for "Support team" states

So it's not £31.99 a month "out of contract" as stated on the website but £39.98 "18 month contract" according to Customer Support,  anytime calls not included in both amounts.

"Thank you for getting in touch.

Because the order was upgraded mid way through the month the pre-pro rata charge applies making your March bill correct.

It states that no discounts are applied when you upgrade online however after speaking to a customer options agent they confirmed they have added a discount of £5.99.

Thanks in advance

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

11 REPLIES 11
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Confusing service prices and contract

I sympathize with @DE5T1NY while I am concerned about what may happen when my contract expires on April 20th.

Is it the case that I should not attempt to discuss a new contract until after April 20th?

Is my out of contract monthly broadband price really going to be £11 as it states on my account page?

Dave

DE5T1NY
Rising Star

Hello daveplus

The last CSA member I spoke to on the phone about my "out of contract" and price told me their website was out of date and take his word for it that I'm locked into a 18 month contract no matter what the big print shows on the website, must be the same company that runs my email service too, or does the small print mean "out of contract" and "New Monthly contract" = 18 months in small print Ticked_off

Good luck

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @DE5T1NY

I am sorry for the confusion that has been caused with your upgrade and invoicing since you processed this.

I have responded via a ticket on your account with further detail on your issue. You can view these details here

If you have any questions feel free to get in touch

DE5T1NY
Rising Star

Hello

Still doesn't explain why I'm told the upgrade would only be around an extra £5 amonth for "18 months" and not £20 amonth as shown on the invoice. I tried everywhere in the terms & conditions to read about pro rata charges as suggested by the CSA member but so far can't find it. Can you confirm that the wording on your website "out of contract" is wrong and it should read "18 month contract", the email send 31/Feb/2019 at 8.22am seems to state "Monthly" and my monthly bill will be cost per month will be £39.99. (bold taken from email when signing up) and not =

£18.99 rental

£8.00 anytime

£20.99 broadband

Total £47.98 amonth as shown on bill

If the last CSA is right about paying extra by upgrading through website account then mybe its best stated in large print and not hidden away in small print

Good luck

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @DE5T1NY

Thank you for your response and I fully appreciate that this is a confusing situation.

I have responded on the ticket here, I hope this makes sense. Please let me know if you are happy with this.

Regards,

DE5T1NY
Rising Star

Hello Warwick

Thanks for you help but it is not the answers I'm looking

1) The £39.99 is a quot from an "agreement" made by your company as shown on the 13/Feb/19 email from your company (includes £8 anytime calls) why would I want to take up your new offer of paying £42 a month, or are their hidden charges in the £33.99 "agreement" I was also unawere of ?

2) What is the Promotional discount of £5.89 on the bill for ?

3) Is my "agreement" out of contract as clearly stated on my account correct, or is the ACS member right, its an out of date system you're using ?

4) Did I lost all discounts because I used my online account with your company to upgrade as the ACS member as advised myself today, in that case I accept the £39.99 "agreement" and costs.

Thanks in advance

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry for the confusion caused and thanks for getting back to us.

From what I can see the £26.99 you've pointed out in your 1st attachment would be relating to your call plan and line rental. The cost you're seeing of £31.99 as per your 3rd attachment would be line rental and fibre broadband. 

If you take line rental of £18.99 away from the £26.99 your call plan costs £8. Adding that on to the combined cost for fibre broadband and line rental of £31.99 brings us to £39.99 which looks to match up to the email Here.

Regarding the other points you've made, as my reply contains account specific information I haven't found out purely from the attachments, I've added a reply to your support ticket 188758004. 

I hope this helps.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Typo corrected.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DE5T1NY
Rising Star

Hello

Thanks that is correct, £39.99 "18 month" contract, was the "agreement" in the email I received at 08.22am 13/Feb.

Just seen your other reply in my second ticket, thanks again for working it out.

Good luck

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks again for getting back to us.

As per my ticket reply I believe this should be resolved now.

Let us know if you have any further questions if you feel it isn't though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DE5T1NY
Rising Star

Hello

Sorry was editing my last post as I just looked in the second ticket to see your other reply.

Thanks again for your hard work in sorting everything out. Thumbs_Up

Good luck

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries at all, and sorry again for the confusion and incorrect bill.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet