cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused on order

Gismo666
Hooked

Confused on order

Was told I would be getting my full fibre installed today 01/02/23 between 8am and 12pm yet just had a call from openreach saying he has to do a preassessment so don't need access to the property and will inform me if and when they will install it. Plus he don't know when he will be here as he has several jobs to do first.
10 REPLIES 10
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Confused on order

@Gismo666  Unfortunately that means your full fibre will not be installed today, the OR person is just coming to have a look. The actual date for the installation could be weeks away, depending on engineer availability in your area. Most FTTP orders seem to be delayed these days.☹️

If today was a confirmed date from Plusnet you should get compensation of around £5 a day until it actually is installed.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

@Gismo666  what does the BT wholesale checker https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL say for the Install process against the WBC FTTP product. It should be either  '1 Stage' , '2 Stage' or 'KCI2 Assure' ?

If its the latter, then that would explain, as that process involves a 'survey' prior to Openreach committing to an install date

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Gismo666  as I suggested in my reply to your PM, if you post the results from the checker ( with address/phone redacted ) but including all the narrative below the product table , then it might give some enlightenment. It may be that there is a blocked duct or something like that

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gismo666
Hooked

Broadband Availability Checker

UPRN 100100464852 on Exchange TREDEGAR is served by Cabinet 4

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate (Mbps)Downstream Handback
Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateHighLowHighLowVDSL Range A (Clean) 74.453.82014.147.5AvailableAvailableVDSL Range B (Impacted) 72.8492012.540AvailableAvailable

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate (Mbps)Downstream Range (Mbps)Availability DateFTTP Install ProcessWBC FTTPUp to 1000Up to 220--Available1 Stage

ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate (Mbps)Upstream Line Rate (Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+Up to 6--4 to 8AvailableWBC ADSL2+ Annex MUp to 6Up to 14 to 8AvailableADSL MaxUp to 5--3.5 to 7.5AvailableWBC Fixed Rate2----AvailableFixed Rate2----Available

SOADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate (Mbps)Upstream Line Rate (Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC SOADSL Availability DateWBC SOADSL 2+Up to 6--4 to 8--SOADSL MaxUp to 5--3.5 to 7.5--SOADSL Fixed Rate2----Available

Other OfferingsAvailability DateVDSL MulticastAvailableADSL MulticastAvailable

Exchange Product RestrictionsStatusFTTP Priority ExchangeNWLR WithdrawalNSOADSL RestrictionY

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed alternate L2C solution required.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For all SOADSL services,the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Mildenhall exchange:Only single order products are available and ADSL and ADSL2+ products are not shown as available.However for premises that can only be served by SOADSL, BT will continue to accept ADSL and ADSL2+ orders until SOADSL is available.

Thank you for your interest

By submitting a query into this checker you accept Terms of Use for this checker.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Gismo666  as suggested in my PM reply , this 'Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed alternate L2C solution required.' is likey the cause of requiring a survey.

Anyone else know what 'alternate L2C solution required' really means ?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Ah! I think it might refer to ladder securing. For an overhead install, the engineer is required to temporarily anchor the ladder to your property, Elf & Safety!

Do you have a rendered wall where the OH line comes to the property ? if so the standard anchoring mechanism wont be possible and ( I guess ) a survey is required to asses what needs to be done.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

A quick Google search brought this up.

eta: our posts crossed 😁

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Yes, that's where I got my guess from😀

Gismo666
Hooked

It's OK just spoke to the openreach guy and he is going to do all the work outside which will then generate a install date for the rest to be done. As this is a b2 visit
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Gismo666 I don't suppose he explained what 'alternative L2C required' actually meant in plain english ?

or even what 'this is a b2 visit' means ?