Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about Unlimited Fibre

FIXED
CX
Grafter

Confused about Unlimited Fibre

I have an open support ticket, but thought I'd post here too in case anybody knows the answer.

In 2013, we signed up for fibre with Plusnet, which was for the 80/20 product, unlimited, at £19.99/month (described on the bill as "Plusnet Unlimited Fibre - Market 2/3". We've been very satisfied with this, and don't want to change.

On 2nd September, I received a marketing email from Plusnet titled "Watch Premier League games with Plusnet", with the description "Unlimited Fibre Broadband, YouView TV & BT Sport for £14.99 a month." I clicked the link and read through, and it did not read as though I would be signing up to a downgraded broadband service - as the email was directed at an existing customer of "Unlimited Fibre", it reads as though it is simply adding Plusnet TV to the account.

but...

When I look at the packages on the home page, Plusnet appear to have renamed the product we were on to Unlimited Fibre Extra (still at £19.99month), and Unlimited Fibre is now the 40/10 product (at £14.99/month). Have I now inadvertently signed up to a lesser broadband product, with the same name as I was on?

If this is the case, I would like the product change to be cancelled immediately, unless the Plusnet TV offer can be applied to the £19.99/month 80/20 fibre, because the 40/10 (or is it 40/2) product is insufficient for our needs. All I wanted to do was add Plusnet TV to my existing broadband and phone.

8 REPLIES 8
CX
Grafter

Re: Confused about Unlimited Fibre

Anyone?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The basic fibre unlimited is 40/2.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
CX
Grafter

Thanks, that's what I thought. That didn't use to be the case though. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre was the 80Mbps product, and the 40Mbps one was Essentials Fibre. Maybe I'm just not very intelligent, but changing products around like that is confusing.

So to Plusnet - what am I getting as part of my YouView TV deal - am I being downgraded to the 40Mbps product, or will I remain on 80Mbps?

None of this is made very clear at all - in fact, everything in the customer-facing side of "my account" simply references Unlimited Fibre at £19.99.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Apologies for any confusion with the package names.

The email we sent on 08/09/16 advises Plusnet Unlimited Fibre, which is the legacy package you were already on, which is £19.99 and provides up to 80/20.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero

In case your post doesn't get seen I'd suggest raising a complaint online (see link in my signature). That will get picked up by someone who can put you back on the correct product.

jelv
Seasoned Hero

@HarryB

Have you raised the order to put him back on 80/20?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

@jelv No need, the package hasn't changed from 80/20

HarryB wrote:
The email we sent on 08/09/16 advises Plusnet Unlimited Fibre, which is the legacy package you were already on, which is £19.99 and provides up to 80/20.

There doesn't appear to be anything in place to change the fibre package.

@CX If for your broadband package does drop for some reason on your next billing date, please let me know and I'll look in to it further. However as it currently stands, I can't see any schedule broadband package changes and the confirmation email does advise the same package you're currently on, so as far as I can see at the moment, it shouldn't be a problem.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
CX
Grafter

Thanks jelv and HarryB, that puts my mind at ease. To be honest, the communication from Plusnet in the ticket didn't raise any alarm bells - it was the automated confirmation email that seemed a bit contradictory. I'll keep an eye on the account.

The box has arrived and is working well - so far it seems much better than the trial box in almost every way (significantly better UI performance, smaller, more sensible power saving options, quieter).

Thanks again.