cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicting messages about phone line install

Dimtuhop

Conflicting messages about phone line install

I have placed an order for a property that was stopped. An install date has been set for installing a new line and I keep getting conflicting messages from the Plusnet staff that I speak to over the phone. After each call plusnet seems to give me a different number to call and I've grown tired of waiting 20 minutes each time I call to understand what's going on.

I've just been told over the phone by the provisioning team that if there ever was a line at the property it's been removed and the engineers would need to lay a new line. However after finishing the call I noticed a voicemail had been left by the person I spoke to yesterday that frame management work would be complete on the 05/09 and would be reviewed on the 06/09. After that some cabinet work would be need to be completed still. 

I'm left confused, what exactly would need to be done? Will someone need to be at home, because it's extremely difficult for me to arrange to have someone at home mon-fri and first I was told that Openreach never do weekends only mon-fri 8-6, then this morning I was told that in some areas they have appointments available on weekends, but your systems were down so you couldn't check. Then I've been told again that Openreach absolutely never do weekends. Can I get some clarity on what is going on, because I may have to cancel and go with Virgin (since they are the only ones not on Openreach).

4 REPLIES 4
Dimtuhop

Re: Conflicting messages about phone line install

OK, even more lost now.

Screenshot_2018-08-31 Member Centre Member Centre - Plusnet.pngThe line I've been told doesn't exist is apparently fine? and I've already paid upfront for the installation, setup fee and line rental saver. That means the only money you should be taking from me is £10 starting from next month.

I thought that Plusnet service was supposed to be better than many, not as bad as Virgin.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Dimtuhop 

Welcome to the Forums.

Sorry for the less than positive initial experience you have had/ 

> frame management work would be complete on the 05/09 and would be reviewed on the 06/09. After that some cabinet work would be need to be completed still. 

From what I can see, and from the info on this ticket that is correct. 

We can;t offer a weekend appointment I'm afraid - if the dates and times within that ticket don't work for you, then reply to it or give us a call and we can amend accordingly.

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Dimtuhop

@MasterOfReality

But what is happening with the payment that your site says will be taken?

And the appointment is confirmed? Because then I can try and see if there's anyone that can come in.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

But what is happening with the payment that your site says will be taken?

What you've paid up front won't begin until the first of your services go live.

Depending on how long there's between the second service activating we'll apply a credit to your account.

So your next bill will be 1 month after your service goes live.

And the appointment is confirmed? Because then I can try and see if there's anyone that can come in.

From what I can see we've confirmed that for you Here to be the 12th in the morning slot.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet