Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concerning customer service discrepancy with regards to activation

wingyan628
Hooked

Concerning customer service discrepancy with regards to activation

Hello,

After speaking to a live chat operative earlier today, I was told that from ordering the fibre broadband subscription, I can expect with great certainty that the broadband will be activated within 7-10 days (not working days). However, immediately after paying, I am told the following: "We'll switch your broadband and phone line over to us as soon as possible. This normally takes around 15 working days, during which you might experience a bit of downtime. After that, you'll be up and running.".

15 working days (essentially three whole weeks) is totally unacceptable and having been told this will take between 7-10 days, this is a case of false and misleading advertising which is very concerning and disappointing from a company which prides themselves on having excellent customer service.

I would like to know the reason for this discrepancy, and assurance that my broadband will be activated within 7-10 days as the sales operative reassured me it would, since this is one of the reasons I made the purchase in the first place. Failing this, I will not hesitate to cancel my subscription and publicise this misleading advertising and customer service.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

8 REPLIES 8
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Re: Concerning customer service discrepancy with regards to activation

Hi @wingyan628

I am very sorry to hear that you were misinformed by one of our web chat advisors.

I have reviewed your account and responded to you via a support ticket on your account

You can view this by logging into your account here

Kind Regards,

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

wingyan628
Hooked

This is really poor and I still, after three days, have not received an activation date for my broadband. After looking on the forums, it seems that many people are having big issues with regards to how unreliable you are, and I think your slogan "We'll do you proud" is meant in the utmost ironic sense, as the customer service I have received as a new customer is diabolical. I will certainly be cancelling my order due to this major unreliability and incompetency. 

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi @wingyan628,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear about the issues you're currently experiencing and I really do apologise for the service you've had so far.

I have updated the ticket on your account following your query. You can view this here

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to get in touch.

Thank you,

Aisha

wingyan628
Hooked

Hello,

I received an SMS saying, "Good morning, I have been checking your account and we can confirm we have a provisioning date of 28/01/2019 for your services to go active with us, please allow up until midnight on this day for these services to go live."

I have plugged in my router and done everything accordingly but am still getting the orange bar with the flashing red "B". 

Please advise why I am not getting broadband considering it's past midnight on that date.

Many thanks.

wingyan628
Hooked

Please can someone advise?

Thank you.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi wingyan628@

I'm really sorry but our community forums are not an immediate response platform.

As this is account specific I have updated you via ticket here

We're really sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

wingyan628
Hooked

Wow, so my order has been cancelled.

Plusnet really does make me proud.

Many thanks for having let me know..oh wait, you didn't! After my activation date. Good luck gaining new custom because I think you are really going to need it.