cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed account after changing address

Samato

Closed account after changing address

I called to notify that I’m moving house in a few weeks. The person made a mistake and completely closed my account, no internet for last 2 days. I’m working from home on very tight deadlines, and this has made me lose 2 days’ wage. It’s taken me 5.5 hours on the phone over 2 days for them to even tell me what the issue was. Now they say since they have disconnected my line, they can’t restart it for another 5 days, which will be 9 days no internet. They say there’s nothing they can do about it, even though it is their mistake! I don’t have mobile data or available hotspot.
I am beyond furious, what am I supposed to do? Lose out on 7 working days when my boss is already annoyed with this? There’s nowhere else I can work due to the pandemic. They are offering no solution and I’m desperate!
4 REPLIES 4
cooney1987
Grafter

Re: Closed account after changing address

Currently in the midst of my own home move nightmare. My connection date after moving was two weeks ago now and I’m still not connected. A lot of excuses and blaming to open reach and taking no responsibility themselves. It’s shocking to see so many of this in the same position. This really is terrible service and the fact that there are so many similar bad experiences points to a far larger failing at the heart of plusnet.

I sincerely hope that you get the connection in 5 days ( even though I appreciate this is not acceptable to you and is really impacting on your work) but I wouldn’t hold your breath. I’ve had three promised connection dates come and go and still nothing.
Samato

Wow, thanks Plusnet for your ever so helpful and timely replies...
I’ve had to pay out of my own pocket for very expensive mobile broadband, plusnet said they’ll give me only £40 towards this. A great time of year for big unforeseen costs. They have allegedly booked me in to have my line reactivated on 15/12, but as I can’t get through on the phone, I can’t check they’ve actually done this. Not holding my breath.
They keep closing my tickets and saying they’ll get back to me, which they never do.
You suck.
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

Hi @Somato,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with ourselves during your house move. Your re-provide orders are going through for the 15/12/2020 and services will be activated again on this date - Thanks Curtis

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
cooney1987
Grafter

I’d be interested to hear if plusnet actually follow through on their promised connection date for you? I’ve had three failed connection dates and I’m three weeks after first being given a connection date. Still not connected and they seem to have no clue what is going on or to fix this. I continue to be shocked at how incompetent they are.