cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chose upgrade from DSL to fibre but nothing seems to be hapening despite being billed

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Chose upgrade from DSL to fibre but nothing seems to be hapening despite being billed

I'm still in the building, apologies but we have had a lot of unforeseen issues today. I will call you shortly.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Chose upgrade from DSL to fibre but nothing seems to be hapening despite being billed

Right, big apologies though it looks like you're still not on the fibre circuit yet.

The date has been put back to Monday (hopefully it'll be sorted first thing).

Why were you told otherwise earlier this week? Partially my fault for not checking all systems, so apologies for that.

Other than that, we set that date for the 12th, and it was pushed back by our suppliers with no sign of a KCI message.  This was the core issue. I've left you a voicemail, and documented this correspondence on your account.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
PiffleTosh
Hooked

Sorry for not answering, I was driving to pick my partner up from her work. I've put a reply on the support ticket you opened, the gist of which is that other than this thread the only contact I've had all week was an email on the 12th saying my connection was active. No idea why I've never had anything to say the change was pushed back which is annoying as I've been billed for it already.

PiffleTosh
Hooked

Done and dusted, nearly knocked an Openreach engineer over leaving my flat as he was making his way to the green box. Got to my girlfriends work and had two notices from Google saying someone had just logged into my account from a new IP (ie my email client on my machine) and when I've got back I've done a quick speed test and things are a little faster than before.

x@cube:~$ python speedtest_cli.py --bytes --server 3448
Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Testing from PlusNet (51.0.0.0)...
Hosted by Virgin Media (Manchester) [221.47 km]: 30.905 ms
Testing download speed........................................
Download: 8.55 Mbyte/s
Testing upload speed..................................................
Upload: 2.16 Mbyte/s