cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking your line: We've found a potential problem on your telephone line.

FIXED
TomR1
Hooked

Checking your line: We've found a potential problem on your telephone line.

I made a broadband order a couple of weeks ago, and I am waiting for any confirmation of hardware delivery or activation dates. I have noticed that my order status has been stuck on "Checking your line" for several days, along with "We've found a potential problem on your telephone line. We'll look into this and will be in contact with you shortly." However I have received no further communication from Plusnet, so is my order still progressing or is there something further I need to do?
11 REPLIES 11
AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Re: Checking your line: We've found a potential problem on your telephone line.

Fix

Hi @TomR1,

Thank you for messaging us.

I have checked your orders and can see that your phone order is live and complete.

I have placed the broadband order for you now as well and you will receive updates on your account within the next 24-48 hours with completion dates.

You can view details of your order here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=179998567

I have also sent out your router, you will receive this shortly.

Should you require any further information, please get in touch.

Thank you,

Aisha

TomR1
Hooked

Hi Aisha,

Since I have been unable to use the services I have paid for while my line was being checked, will my billing cycle for the internet and line rental begin on the date that I receive both my router and internet activation?

Kind regards,

Tom

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @TomR1

With regards to billing, you will be billed line rental from the day that your phone line was installed, and broadband from the day that this was installed. In the event of a fault, you will be refunded back from the day the fault was raised until the day it is fixed.

TomR1
Hooked

Hi,

My Plusnet order status shows that the line has been activated, but I have still not received the router, so I am unable to use the internet. The router was dispatched a week ago via first class mail, and I would have expected it to arrive by now. Do you have an estimate for when I should receive the router?

Regards,
Tom
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @TomR1

I am really sorry to hear that your router hasn't arrived before your service went live.

As you mentioned this was dispatched just over a week ago via 1st class Royal Mail and should normally be with you within 5 working days. I can see that there was a slight delay at our dispatch centre earlier this week which may have slowed your delivery down ever so slightly.

As a result I have already arranged for another router to be dispatched along with a returns bag which will arrive within 5 working days. I will say that the likelihood is that the first router will arrive first and in this instance I would advise to pop the extra router in the return bag and send that back once you are connected.

We will ensure that you receive a downtime refund for the period you have paid for, up to when your service is actually connected to your router.

I do apologise for the delay in getting your service up and running and if you have any further questions please let me know.

TomR1
Hooked

Hi,

I have just checked my account details to try to find the cause of the missing router, and it appears that a line has been omitted from my address. The "Account details" page shows the road for my flat, but does not include the name of the building complex. Therefore the address in the "Account details" page corresponds to a different house.

However, the postcode on this page is correct, and refers to my flat's actual address and not the incorrect address shown on the page. This implies that the error is not from me, since the address auto-fill using a postcode would not produce the wrong address unless a line was truncated after submitting the form.

Would I be able to contact someone privately to give my correct address and sort this issue?

Regards
Tom
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @TomR1

Thank you highlighting your concern in regards to your address we have registered on our system. I have created a ticket for you to respond back to on our members portal, click here to view the ticket and please confirm your full home address so we can amend this on our system.

Once you have done this, please let us know by commenting on the Forum post and we can assist you on the matter further.

TomR1
Hooked

Hi,

I have responded to the support ticket and given my correct address.

Regards,

Tom

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @TomR1

I have responded back to your query through an email. You can also view my response on your members portal ticket I created earlier, please click here and scroll down to check my reply.

I hope this information helps, if you need further assistance feel free to ask.

TomR1
Hooked

Hi,

I received and set up my router yesterday, and everything seems to be working fine. Thank you for working to resolve the problem.

Regards,

Tom

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi @TomR1,

I am pleased to hear that everything is now working for you. If you ever need help in the future, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thank you,

Aisha