cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking your line: We've found a potential problem on your telephone line.

mrshaw14
Dabbler

Checking your line: We've found a potential problem on your telephone line.

Ordered on the 29th of September, and still no broadband installed, no router sent, 20 days and no response, quick to take my money though! Not happy
10 REPLIES 10
mrshaw14
Dabbler

Re: Checking your line: We've found a potential problem on your telephone line.

Still no response, 3 weeks is a joke!
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @mrshaw, thanks for getting in touch

I'm really sorry for the issues you've had with the account and order activation. Due to the nature of the line, we needed to activate your phone line first before proceeding with the broadband order. The broadband order has now been placed and an activation date will be confirmed within the next 24-48 hours

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
mrshaw14
Dabbler

Hello my broadband should of gone live today the 26th of October, I have received my router but still not connected even though the line is activated, can you tell me a date when this will be online please
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting back in touch

It looks as though the order has since completed and you've an active connection.

Let us know if you need anything else

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
mrshaw14
Dabbler

Just a quick question regarding billing, when I signed up on the 29th of September I was charged £22.99, now in my account it says my next bill is the 1st of November, how is this possible when my activation date was on the 26th of October? Also my start date is from the 26th of September shouldn't it be when the 26th of October when my broadband was activated? Confused dot com
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @mrshaw14 

Your bill date is set when the first of your services goes live, in this case your phone line activated on 29/09/20. As this isn't a date we generate bills on due to leap years in February, your bill date's moved to the 1st of each month.

On your next bill you'll see a pro-rata credit to cover the broadband you've paid in your initial fee between your phone line going live and your broadband service activating.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mrshaw14
Dabbler

So on the 1st of November I won't be charged anything?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I've dropped a reply onto the ticket 206595856 with some clarification

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mrshaw14
Dabbler

This makes no sense whatsoever regarding billing, so when I signed up I was charged £22.99 that was on the 29th of September, my broadband wasn't connected and completed till the 26th of October, and now on the 1st of November I'm being charged £21.90, so why am I being charged £22.99 for 6 days worth of broadband?Huh
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

so why am I being charged £22.99 for 6 days worth of broadband?

I know it sounds crazy but in fact it probably isn't .

First thing to say, is I'm just a customer like yourself so have no access to your account, but hopefully I can explain a little about billing.

There are a couple of things to be aware of

1) you pay for a month in advance for both line rental and broadband

2) on any monthly deal, its the Broadband component that's discounted. So for example in your case I guess the monthly line rental is £19.99 and the broadband is £3

So according to the posts above, your line went active on 29/9 and your broadband on 26/10. You have paid upfront for both line rental and broadband for the period 29/09 to 29/10

So now I'm guessing that your November bill includes

1) A months line rental and Broadband for the month from 01-Nov to 01-Dec

2) an addition of 2 days line rental and broadband to change the billing date from 29/10 to 01/11

3) a refund of the broadband component for the period 29/09 to 26/10

Now 3) is not going to be huge since it's only based on the £3/month broadband charge

Hence what you are seeing in the Nov bill looks very similar to a normal months payments even though as you say you've only had a few days of broadband.

I guess that's not what you wanted to hear but I hope it perhaps helps explain...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.