cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking your line We've found a potential problem on your telephone line.

rjm2k2020

Checking your line We've found a potential problem on your telephone line.

order placed 12/08 to start 26/08, but it's stuck on this

Checking your line; We've found a potential problem on your telephone line. We'll look into this and will be in contact with you shortly.

I am currently with John Lewis and want to move back to PlusNet (who I have been with previously), not sure why there would be a problem with the line since PN/JL have provided the service on it and JL currently do still.

what happens next, given that the activation date has been missed, I haven't been sent a modem and nobody has contacted me?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Overscore
Rising Star

Re: Checking your line We've found a potential problem on your telephone line.

The modem should arrive a few days before activation and you'll be sent an email to say the device is on its way, so if it hasn't been received your order has probably been cancelled. Mine was, and I was not informed of that by Plusnet.

I think you'll need to contact customer services by phone, but be prepared for a long wait until you are answered, and perhaps record the call (ask first though).

Are you already being charged, despite no service?

Did your package include a money back voucher?

rjm2k2020

Re: Checking your line We've found a potential problem on your telephone line.

Thanks for replying, I contacted JL and they couldn't see anything about transferring but gave me a slightly better offer than they were originally proposing so I took that. Rang Plusnet to cancel the order, they never informed me but apparently openreach had cancelled the order because of some kind of detail missmatch for the line.