cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking your line We've found a potential problem on your telephone line

yyplpn

Checking your line We've found a potential problem on your telephone line

Hi, I am a new customer moving over from BT. I have a date of today midnight for my Plusnet broadband to be activated the phone line is now apparently up and running. Having looked on the status page  I have seen:

Checking your line

We've found a potential problem on your line.

Could  one of the Mods look at this and let me know what this means and if this is an going to mean a delay in broadband activation?

I use the internet  for work so need this up and running with minimal delay. I was/ still am hoping for a seamless transition, and the BT service has stopped already. Appreciate your assistance with this.

3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Checking your line We've found a potential problem on your telephone line

The Moderators on this forum are just customers with no access to your account or Plusnet systems.

Hopefully this gets attention from a Plusnet forum staff member soon.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi @yyplpn,

A warm welcome to the forums.

BT service stopped already

If this transfer was left entirely for Plusnet to manage this ought not to have happened.  Generally this happens when a user advises the losing supplier that they are leaving and that supplier then unilaterally places a cease order on the line.  That then inhibits the new supplier from placing orders and does not accommodate problems with processing the orders which will delay transfer dates.

However, where BTw / BTOR find issues after accepting the initial order, it is not unknown for the revised dates to be not communicated to the losing supplier, but in such cases the service should remain as is.

I need the service for work

Note if this service is so important for your work, then I hope that this is NOT a residential service - not only is it not allowed under the T&Cs, residential services have a 72 hour (typical) repair time from BTOR, whereas business grade services tend to be next working day.

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/terms/ [Plusnet Standard Terms]

2.1.3. use the services for personal use in the UK (so don't use the services to run your own business, but a couple of work emails or occasional home working are okay) and in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy;

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi there!

After checking your services I can see they are active.

If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks.