Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking your details

FIXED
mccarthy27
Hooked

Checking your details

Hello,

I was just wondering how long orders normally stayed on Checking your details for? I would've thought this stage would've been rather quick?

Cheers

18 REPLIES 18
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: Checking your details

Hello @mccarthy27, and thank you for contacting us on the Plusnet forums.

I have had a look into this and there is a stop order on the telephone line at your address which is set to complete on 13/12/2016. Until this completes or is removed, then we will have to wait a bit longer before we place your orders. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
mccarthy27
Hooked

Hi Mark,

This is in a flat we've now taken over after the previous tenant. I was wondering is it possible for us to contact their last provider (BT) and ask for the stop order to be cancelled? Or would this not really speed things up anyway?

Cheers,

Sam

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for responding back so quickly Sam.

The previous tenant is probably the one person who can get this removed. As you are not the current customer whom the line was provided to, I doubt you will be able to get it cancelled off by calling BT. Guess we will have to wait until the 13th when this should be out of the way and we can get started on your orders for you.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
mccarthy27
Hooked

Is there a time this stop order goes through? Just want to make sure it doesn't get stuck like past Plusnet orders have. Smiley

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Sam,

Sadly there isn't a specific time to when a line stops. It can honestly happen at any time during the day in question. All we can do is to keep checking for it and place the orders as soon as we can after it has happened.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
mccarthy27
Hooked

So I got a text saying I will receive my activation date in 48 hours over two days ago, but still no date?
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Have a look here and see if there is an open order mentioned in the text below the speed table.

mccarthy27
Hooked

Thanks the reply but sadly I don't know my lines number haha Tongue
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If there's a dial tone ring 17070!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @mccarthy27

Looking into your account I can see that the provisional date of your activation is the 4th January. Apologies for the delay Sad

The date hasn't yet been committed by Openreach, however, we'll be in touch over the next 48 hours to confirm.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
mccarthy27
Hooked

Hi 

Okay seems that it has activated, but it seems I'm on the wrong profile? Upload speed tops at 40Mb and 2MB upload? When it should be on the fibre extra profile? (Other users in the block of flats get speeds up to 76Mb and 20 down.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Sorry to hear this. Leave it with me, I'll take a look at things tomorrow for you.

Thanks for your patience @mccarthy27

I've looked into your order and I can see that you're provisioned on 40/2. I'm really sorry about this. Once the order completes (should do at some point today), I'll modify the service to 80/20 which will take 1 working day.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
mccarthy27
Hooked

This is all slightly confusing, I was told yesterday that after getting an email saying your fibre is ready and noticing it was 40/2 to unplug the router as the order was not yet complete (i'm guessing on Openreach's side). How will I know when it is ready today if the email has already been sent in error? Will a new email be sent?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Apologies for the confusion. No, I don't believe you will receive another automated email. I'll be happy to monitor your order and let you know once it completes though.

If it's working on your side I see no reason why you shouldn't connect your router up and start using the service though. Apologies if you were advised otherwise. Sad