cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checked the status of my order and it just says strCustActivationDate

FIXED
Christine5

Checked the status of my order and it just says strCustActivationDate

I ordered my broadband around 2 weeks ago and have received the router but when I check for a activation date it just says strCustActivationDate. I'm quite sad to see how poor the communication has been regarding my order and I hope the quality of the broadband makes up for it. 

9 REPLIES 9
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Checked the status of my order and it just says strCustActivationDate

Thanks for your post @Christine5 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see your activation date isn't showing up in your account.

I can though see we've emailed you on the 30th October to confirm this is tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Christine5

Okay so I still haven't received a confirmation that my broadband will he activated today. My old broadband has been turned off so now I'm without internet. If you could help me with this I would be very grateful.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Christine5

I've just had a look into this for you and the order with suppliers to activate our services is still in progress for today.

It can take anytime up to midnight but usually quicker. Really sorry for the downtime, there's a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes when you move to another provider and there's generally some gap in service on the day.

Feel free to let me know if there are any further issues though. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Christine5

I know you said up to midnight but I've seen other people having the same issue as me and they called up CS and within 10 minutes the broadband was activated . Just wondering if this was a good idea.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

That'll generally only work if the order's completed with our suppliers but your account's not yet activated.

Checking again I can see that is now the case so I've just activated things for you now.

Let me know how it goes once you've setup your router Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Christine5

Hello again, the Internet seems to be stable and working fine however the speed is quite a bit under the minimum. Its around 30mbps and the minimum is 40mbps. I've had the same problem with my previous provide and that's why I switched because I thought the speed would improve.

After seeing that it's still around the same speed I can only assume that their is a problem my line. I've tried all the sockets in the house and the speed stays the same with everyone.

I'm hoping the cause of this problem can be found and fixed.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Christine5, I am really sorry that you are having some issues with the service so soon.

I have tested your line today and this has detected a fault in the network, likely causing the issues you're seeing. I have now raised this to our suppliers for you and we'll need to look at sending you an engineer.

I have created a fault ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=219630481 with the next steps in getting this progressed.

If you can please reply on the ticket with the requested information (and let us know on here once done) we can get that progressed for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Christine5

I have just replied to the ticket confirming the speeds are still the same and gave information on when I'm available for an engineer to come around.v
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Christine5

I can see we've booked the engineer visit and updated your ticket 219630481 with the appointment details.

Let us know how it goes Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet