Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to high speed fibre bb

FIXED
fumanchu
Dabbler

Changing to high speed fibre bb

Our village has just got fibre BB. If I changed to it then how long does it take and what does it involve please? Do you need another router or changes to the phone line? Would we be offline for any time? TY in advance Smiley

6 REPLIES 6
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: Changing to high speed fibre bb

What does it say here. As to what changes are required, that depends on what you have already. If FTTC, usually the phone line cable stays as it is. If the cabinet has just been installed, it might take a month or so, while they check things out. Our cabinet took about 6 weeks from arriving to being operational - but your mileage might vary.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Orders

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If your village has just gone ‘fibre’ then there is a fair possibility that it is FTTP not FTTC.

It would appear that BT are not allowing their sibling retail brands Plusnet and EE to offer FTTP at the moment, whilst there are a hand full of other, more expensive, ISPs are offering it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

Hi @fumanchu,

I've checked your telephone number and it does look like Fibre (FTTC) is available for you.

The minimum lead time on upgrades to fibre is 5 working days, however it could be longer as it's dependant on engineer availability with our suppliers.

As part of the upgrade, we'd be able to provide a new fibre router for the P&P cost of £6.99

There may be a brief period of downtime as the connection is switched over from ADSL to Fibre, however this is often not noticeable.

To discuss upgrading, I'd recommend giving our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632 as they'd have the best offers available for existing customers looking to re-contract/upgrade.

Alternatively, we may be able to arrange a callback from this team if you'd prefer?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
fumanchu
Dabbler

Leave it with me, I'll think about it. And thanks everybody!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

No problem, let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet