Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to Line Rental Saver

FIXED
malcd
Dabbler

Changing to Line Rental Saver

My current broadband + phone contract expires 20th May according to website account details; and my bill says I have paid for line rental until 26th May (never sure why there is a date mismatch). I rang yesterday and renewed my contract for 12 months (with upgrade to fibre), and phoned again today to change line billing to 'line rental saver'. I was told by 'Customer Options' to make the change on-line, rather than over the phone. The website tells me that I can't currently make the change, and my 'contact Plusnet' option seems to be an 'on line chat' or a 'phone call', either way I don't see it solving the problem if I am simply directed back to the website. As I have already paid for line rental until the 26th May I would expect line rental saver to 'kick in' for 12 months from that date; though some previous postings throw doubt on the simplicity of such a simply request.

Guidance as to how to get a solution would be much appreciated.  

9 REPLIES 9
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Changing to Line Rental Saver

@malcd I suspect the reason that you cannot sign up to LRS at present is because there is an active order (or whatever Plusnet call it) on your account for the new 12 month fibre contract etc., which should start on 20 May. If that is so, then you should be able to sign up for LRS between then and your line rental date of 26 May. I have seen it said that you can only have one active order on your account at any one time.

Perhaps a Plusnet staffer can confirm if that is so, and if not what action can be taken.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @malcd,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I appreciate your query and apologise for any difficulties you have had in renewing your Line Rental Saver.

In answer to your query, if doing this online the option must have expired before taking it out again.

If you would like to respond here, we will get this sorted for you on the due date.

Thanks - LF

malcd
Dabbler

Hi jgb

thanks for that; I currently have 3 'questions' open ; one relates to broadband order, one to hub provision and one to my query re Line Rental Saver. I see that some other users have had issues with the starting date for line rental saver, which is why I would like to sort it now. I see I have another response to my query, and am hoping this will give me resolutioin.

Thanks again.   

malcd
Dabbler

Hi LordFoul

thanks for coming back to me.

I am not currently on line rental saver as my previous contract was for 18 months, and liner rental saver appears to be only available in 12 month blocks.

This mismatch between available contract length and line rental options appears to be a  common issue for customers of broadband providers.

So, yes, I am looking at taking out line rental saver with effect from my next line rental due date. I am guessing that my next bill (which will presumably cover line rental until 26th June) will be produced before the 26th May, so if the process to set it up LRS doesn't start until 27th May, then won't the LRS will be at least a month out of sync with my new 12 month contract ?

thanks again.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@malcd @LordFoul 

I may be wrong, but has this problem of not being able to pay for either a new LRS or a renewal of LRS whilst there is an open order on the account only existed since the "wonderful" new billing system appeared in September 2018? There have been numerous posts about tis on these forums.

Previously I had no problem in renewing LRS on line whilst having an open order to change product. Quite frankly it is unacceptable that Plusnet cannot cope with LRS starts/renewals so that customers end up having to pay for at least one month at the full line rental rate. Surely there must be a backroom workaround, or Plusnet need to be prepared to refund the additional £1.50 that affected customers have to pay for line rental if the Plusnet system cannot cope with an LRS application.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi @malcd 

Upon further investigation what's stopping you from taking out line rental saver is the product change that's due to complete on the 20/05/2019. If you just after this date you should be able to take it out in time for your next billing date.

As your product change isn't complete your new contract term wouldn't have started yet but if it completes as expected on the 20th then I'd expect both your contract and line rental saver to sync up starting from your next bill date.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
malcd
Dabbler

Thank you Gandalf

I have scheduled to revisit my account after the 20th to check if I can then establish LRS

thanks again

malcd 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem.

Let us know how it goes then.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
malcd
Dabbler

Hi

Fibre appears to have gone live today (21st May), speedtest showing 18.4Mbs, but I am hoping that this has yet to settle to a more reasonable fibre speed. Have not yet received any email / text from Plusnet notifying me it has gone live, (in the order confirmation email it stated I would get these). 

I have logged in to my account and was able to apply Line Rental Saver, just need to keep an eye on my next bill to ensure that line rental charges are no longer taken.

thanks for everyone's help 

Malcd