cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed from ADSL to Unlimited Fibre Extra - no router, no internet

stevewelling
Grafter

Changed from ADSL to Unlimited Fibre Extra - no router, no internet

Hi. I have upgraded to Fibre from ADSL with plusnet, and I think it's supposed to start today.

I have not received a Fibre router as ordered, I did get an email on wednesday saying it's on it's way but not arrived.

In the last hour or so we can't get internet, has our ADSL been switched off? If so can someone switch it on again, we need internet!

19 REPLIES 19
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Changed from ADSL to Unlimited Fibre Extra - no router, no internet

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Orders.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@stevewelling 

This happens at this time of year. Plusnet post them out a few days before your go live day by first class post. It appears that there is no allowance for delays in the postal service at this time of year.

1. Switching you back until the post arrives is unlikely to happen.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @stevewelling

I'm really sorry to see you haven't received your new router yet and you can't get online.

Can you private message me your account username so I can look into this for you?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the private message @stevewelling

I can see your fibre order has completed and we've put your router in the post on 1st December 2021 at 00:11 you should've received by now though it may be delayed due to how busy Royal Mail are this time of year.

I'd recommend allowing a little longer and if you don't get it by Tuesday's post, let me know and I'll make sure we order another router. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. Sad

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stevewelling
Grafter

Ok. In the meantime would a router with something called Super VDSL (VDSL2 Profile 35b) work?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @stevewelling

I've been discussing this with a colleague from our products team @bobpullen and looking on Royal Mail's site for your area, they seem to have some processing delays at their sorting office. Let us know if you don't receive the router in Monday's post instead and we'll order another one for you. 

Your own modem router should work as long as it's not locked down to a particular ISP.

The details you'll need to set it up can be found Here.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@stevewelling  it should do. If you post details of the make and model then hopefully we can confirm

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

stevewelling
Grafter

TP-Link AC2100

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@stevewelling  that's just a wireless spec , there's a number of TP link models covered by the AC2100. Usually the model numbers are VRnnnn e.g VR2100

Here's a link to all the TP link modem routers https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/dsl-modem-router/ which of these is it ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

stevewelling
Grafter

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@stevewelling That will work fine. Use the link that @Gandalf  posted earlier for the setup details.

IIRC the Tplink quick setup has an option for PlusNet_VDSL in the ISP list. Use that and enter your username & password as detailed in the link and you should be good to go.

stevewelling
Grafter

ok, great. Thanks a lot.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

no problem. if you need any help with the setup , post back. There's plenty of people here who will be able to assist.

stevewelling
Grafter

Ok need help! For a start I can't remember plusnet username and password (I tried what I think they are but not working).