cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of start date for broadband

kdotookie

Change of start date for broadband

Hi,

I have just ordered broadband from yourselves this morning, but I need to change the start date to be 10th May 2018 as this is when my current deal ends with EE.

Is this something someone can help me with?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Change of start date for broadband

Hopefully a Mod will come along and transfer this to the 'My Order' topic where it stands a better chance of getting picked up by a Plusnet staffer. Else you need to ring them or contact them on live chat.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

kdotookie

All sorted now, they plusnet couldnt sort it, but agreed to cover my cancellation charges to carry on with the order...happy days :-)!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

@Gandalf - can you please advise here - normally a change of start date is a walk in the park...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): This thread is now in the appropriate board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

kdotookie

Hi there,

Because I wanted to change my start date to May, they couldn't do it as it has to be within 30 days of your order. Therefore they provided me with credit to cover my cancellation charges with EE. 

If you need to change it to a date within 30 days then just give them a call or use the online chat, they are very helpful and super fast online.

Hope that's clear and thanks again Plusnet!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Welcome to the community forums @kdotookie

I've replied to the ticket on your account which I hope helps.

-Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cps2

I'm in a similar position.

I want to take up moneysavingexpert's offer of Plusnet broadband, the offer expires on Tuesday 6 March.

My existing contract with Sky is slightly cheaper than the Plusnet offer, until its 12 month anniversary date on 24 April when it becomes significantly more expensive.

So I want to order online on 6 March and have activation later than 20 March, to take best advantage of Sky's rates while they are still cheap.

I have been on Plusnet live chat and have been told in no uncertain terms that once an order is made the customer has to take the activation date given and it can't be changed, in my case this would likely be 20, 21 or 22 March.

That seems to contradict what has been said on this thread.  

Also my understanding was that there would be no problem as last year I had the same issue with Sky and I had to fight to get the right date, at the same time Plusnet told me there would be no problem - so a year later I thought this would still be the case.

So who is right?

kdotookie

Hi Newbie,
I had a Plusnet adviser explain that the start date can be up to 90 days from when you place the order, so you should be able to get the date you need.
Hope that helps.
Cheers.
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @cps2

Apologies for the problems you have encountered. We are able to delay an activation up to 90 days.

I can see you have since created an account with us and we have an open support ticket on the account with the relevant department who will be amending your activation to your chosen date. This will be confirmed on the account within the next 24-48 hours.

I am sorry for the issues there have been so far and I hope moving forward it all progresses smoothly. 

If we can help with anything else please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Thanks 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team