Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from John Lewis to PN - order cancelled and recreated

FIXED
cloudempire
Dabbler

Change from John Lewis to PN - order cancelled and recreated

I placed an order on the 10th October for a switch from John Lewis to PN fibre extra, with a start date of the 13th November, and a monthly payment of £28.50. There appeared to be some problem, that was never explained fully to me, but looked like PN were dealing with it, judging by help assistant questions and answers. By the 28th December I was still on John Lewis and no sign of PN being activated. On the 28th I received a call from PN with the caller saying I had to cancel the original order (and refunding the upfront yearly line rental), and a new account was set up. Fine I thought, as long as the original deal was honoured. However, the email came through with a monthly fee of £39.98. I did not  sign up for that and if that is what the person set up, that is some bare-faced cheek by PN and I will not be continuing with the order. Please can someone from PN look at this and confirm the fee will be what I signed up for (£28.50) in October. Not a great start I have to say.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Change from John Lewis to PN - order cancelled and recreated

There is something not quite right going on at PlusNet

PlusNet actually supply the John Lewis broadband service so one would think it was an easy thing to switch between

now with hours there are two posts about problems not good

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/John-Lewis-to-Plusnet-order-incomplete/m-p/1601493#M9750

cloudempire
Dabbler

I found it a bit odd too, thought it would be simpler than usual. However, I don't think its unique to John Lewis, the PN rep said there were some accounts with problems (one of which being mine). He was also quite cagey when I said the same thing about john lewis, kind of said "yeah....anyway, when we switch etc"! There seem to be a few people on the forum with the same issue coming from BT and TalkTalk.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Fix

Hi @cloudempire, sorry to hear about this. I have looked into your query and updated you here

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get back to me.

Hi @Anonymous I apologise if you have been affected by any of the issues raised in this post. If there is anything specific to your account that you need assistance with please do not hesitate to let us know.

cloudempire
Dabbler

Dear PN help team,

I am approaching despair at the apparent levels of incompetency on display during what should be a routine supplier switch (from John  Lewis to Plusnet, so Plusnet to Plusnet really).

Firstly, I received an email this afternoon asking for a bank statement so my refund of the advance line rental could be paid, as Plusnet cant see how much they took from my account. Fair enough, not happy that you have access to my financial details, but if that's what you need, so be it, despite the fact that you cant see these payments is worrying. However, this had to be done using the help assistant on the original account that was cancelled, meaning I now have to keep those details to hand as well, in case of future problems.

Secondly, I  logged into the active account that was created to handle the new order, and was presented with an alert box saying I had requested to print out a direct debit form, and this should be done to progress the order. I did not make that request, and I distinctly remember discussing the direct debit with the operative [CSA Removed] on the 28th December and giving him the ac and sort code numbers to get the direct debit set up.

Please can you sort this out and let me know if I am still inside the cooling off period as I am having second thoughts about switching at all.

Thanks,

JA

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @cloudempire,

I've checked the closed account and see a colleague has sent the ticket back over to our billing team to process the refund for you.

In regards to the new account, I'm sorry to see how this has been handled and I do apologise for the delays in processing the activation for you.

I've picked this up and ensured this has been processed accordingly now.

Your new router should also be on it's way to you, however in the meantime you should be able to continue using your current router, but may need to update the broadband username to your Plusnet username@plusdsl.net

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet