cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cashback

FIXED
gnikolak

Cashback

My fibre broadband went live on 05/10/19, and I haven't received the e-mail from you to enable me to claim my £75 cashback. I found the deal and came through on Uswitch.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Grzeg

45 REPLIES 45
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Cashback

Fix

@gnikolak,

Sorry you haven't had an email to claim your cashback yet. I've just created a ticket with your unique link to claim your cashback which can be found here.

gnikolak

Hi Jolo,

Many thanks for the swift reply. I've followed your link and claimed the reward, sounds like the problem is solved now. Thanks again!

Grzeg

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@gnikolak 

Wonderful news. Let us know if you need any further assistance with anything. 

Carzo18

Hi I went live last month and Redemmed my cash back offer , ?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for your post @Carzo18

I've responded to your other post regarding this

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
acefacemod65
Dabbler

Hi gnikolak

Just like to know if you have actually received your cashback yet, as it is 30 day's since your original post?

I ask because I have been waiting to receive mine, and it is 30 day's and no sign of it. This is despite having no trouble's with redeeming the offer on 5th Nov; and having been reassured by a member of Plusnet's staff - on 17th Nov - that I would receive it no later than the 5th Dec; and despite my efforst to get any sense what so ever from Plusnut and their plethora of '3rd parties' partners!

I have to say that I believe this situation to be wholly unacceptable! But, then again, I have become accustomed to being misled (lied to) by Plusnet staff, consistantly and continually for 4.5 years!

Anyway, good luck and I hope that at least you receive your cheque, within the [fictious] 30 day time frame Plusnet advertise!

gnikolak

Hi,

Yes, I got my cheque but only after raising the problem on this forum.

Their staff picked up my post very quickly and then I got email with a link allowing me to claim the cashback.

I really doubt that Plusnet sends the required email/cashback on their own, unfortunately it looks like they hope that you will forget about it.

acefacemod65
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply Smiley

I'm pleased you received the cheque Smiley

I just always seem to have a nightmare time with Plusnet - over all sorts of issues - from a company selling a 21st century, telecommunication/information technology product, and who should really be a lot more up to speed, professional and organised about it 😕

Hopefully my cheque will arrive tomorrow?

And yes, you're correct, they use 3rd party marketing companies for all this stuff. It would be better if they didn't bother with these offers, if they cannot meet their own promises, and customer's have to chase stuff up; or just be honest and instead of saying that the cheque will be received within 30 days, say that you may eventually receive the cheque, after having to chase us for it! Cheesy

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @acefacemod65,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with receiving your cashback reward despite redeeming it within the required timeframe. I can see you got in touch with our contact centre and they have advised a number to ring to get this resolved - can you let us know how you get on with that?

Thanks.

acefacemod65
Dabbler

Hi @Mads 

I was NOT advised a number to ring; I actually rang the number provided on Plusnet's FAQ's section concerning failing to receive the cashback cheque (0800 587 2013), only to be informed that 'due to a routing error', I had dialed the wrong number! I was then transferred to some barely audible, strongly accented woman - who I could not ascertain whether she was anything to do with Plusnet, or not - and she then transferred my call to a '3rd party', that I think were the Marketing people? That woman said she'd open a ticket on this, and that I would get a call back between 5-7 working days.

This whole fiasco is totally unacceptable! As I am on Universal Credit, I could desperately use the £60; it would have meant I could have had a better Birthday than I did (on 24th Nov); now I have my doubts that I'll receive this [phantom] cheque in time for Christmas - which is bad, as I do not receive my UC benefit until 29th Dec, meaning I'll have a pretty poor dietry fare for Christmas!

In fact. I even think that the ghastly Brexit will be sorted before I receive this [phantom] cheque!

As there are a long, long list of similar complaints, regarding these cachback deals, going back at least 3 years, maybe Plusnet should look to another Marketing company, or better still, don't bother offering things that Plusnet cannot honour!

PS: The cheque has not arrived today either, so it's now 31 days.....and counting!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @acefacemod65,

I'm sorry you've not had any luck with the number that you found over our FAQ's, I've investigated this in more detail and provided an update on your complaint ticket here. I'll provide a further update once I receive a response.

Thanks.

acefacemod65
Dabbler

@Mads 

I appreciate your helping in this matter, and will draw on my nigh exhausted patience, even though I do not hold out much hope of receiving the chaque in time to get it cleared before Christmas 😕

acefacemod65
Dabbler

32 DAY'S AND COUNTING! Even if, by some sort of miracle, the cheque arrives on Monday, that will be 34 DAY'S, which is not, and even a buffoon politician couldn't spin it, as being within 30 DAY'S!

Wholly unacceptable; wholly unsatisfactory!

Is the marketing team part of Plusnet, or a 3rd party? Either way, if they are the former, then sack them, or retrain them, or stop making unfulfillable offers re: cashback; if the latter, well as there are complaints re: cashback going back to at least 2016, use a different marketing firm - one who can fulfill it's/Plusnet's obligations; or stop offering deals that cannot be fulfilled!

How would Plusnet like it if I said that I will pay my monthly bill, at some point over the next 30 day's and still not pay it after 32 day's? Yes, that's right, they'd cut my broadband and either start legal proceedings to reclaim the money, or sell the debt on to a collections agency!

Ofcom and Trading Standars ARE going to hear about this; this is NOT the first time that Plusnet have jive-arsed me about, in the 4.5 years as a customer, nor is it the first time that I've warned Plusnet that I will conact the aforementioned regulatory bodies! The Rubicon has most definitely been crossed this time and the die has been cast!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

No worries @acefacemod65, I appreciate your patience and comments.

My colleague will come back to you as soon as she has more information for you.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks – LF