cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot proceed with order

woolyjumper
Hooked

Cannot proceed with order

Hello, I have recently made an order to switch to plusnet but have been informed that the provided phone number does not match the address and therefore cannot proceed with the order. I have double checked and can confirm that I have given the correct address and phone number, so can only assume that when this number was assigned years ago the address was put in wrong. Plusnet offered to provide a new number to continue but I do not want a new number and want to keep this number.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

15 REPLIES 15
Tommy34
Hooked

Re: Cannot proceed with order

We have the same problem. We have had the same phone number at this address for 40 years now Plusnet are saying to proceed with the order we need to change the number because it does not match the address. We have never had this problem before when changing providers.  Can anybody help

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @woolyjumper,

I'm really sorry for the issues with your order. I've sent what's known as an ORDI (OpenReach Data Integrity) request off to register your line at the right address in the supplier database. 

This could take up to 5 working days and once done, we'll resubmit your order. 

@Tommy34, I'll reply back to your topic shortly. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @woolyjumper 

I can see that your line is now registered at the right address so I've now arranged for your order to be placed.

We'll drop you an email and text within the next few days with an update. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
woolyjumper
Hooked

Thank you for resolving the problem and keeping up to date with it, really appreciated!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all, let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
woolyjumper
Hooked

Hello,

Services have now been switched over so all good there!

There might be two possible issues though, while the speed is roughly what was estimated it's not what it was in the past. Not sure if DLM has slowed the speed down due to a lot of disconnects that happened outside of our control, which have stopped for a few months now. Did suspect the previous router to be the blame as well, but still getting the same speeds with the new one.

The second possible issue is that somebody with better hearing has said they can hear what is best described as white noise on the phone. Did a quiet line test with the test socket in the master socket and it's still there so did the text report but that couldn't find any faults. Might just be the phone though, it is new, looking to get another but that might be a while yet.

Thank you

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there,

Ah glad to see your service has switched across now. 

Line tests are showing your speed is artificially restricted to 22.4mbps, so I've done a DLM reset for you. I can't see what's caused this to happen, but based on what you've said it's likely down to the drops you've had. 

With any luck, your speed should hopefully increase further within the next 24 hours. 

As for your crackling phone, I'm happy to arrange an engineer with you to take a closer look but I think it'd be a good idea to try another handset first so let me know once you've had a chance to buy a new shiny phone. 

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
woolyjumper
Hooked

Hello,

Thank you for checking and sorting that out quickly, and yes that sounds like the best thing to do with regards to the phone.

Thank you again for helping!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem and sounds like a plan!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
woolyjumper
Hooked

Hello,

Have now tested with a new phone including the test socket and the white noise has been replaced with a faint crackling noise so it does appear there might be an issue somewhere. I also didn't see a speed increase until today when it got disconnected due to using the test socket so wasn't sure if I had to restart it myself? It's a slight increase but still not where it was so guessing the crackling might have something to do with that? Unless it needs more time?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers for giving the new phone a try, I'd give it a few days and if there's been no change in that time it would be best to book an engineer visit.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
woolyjumper
Hooked

Hello,

Been a while and thought would just update to say the speed is back to what it was and seems all is fine on that end and sticks to it, so thank you for all the help given there!

Now another possible issue, as never had a phone with caller id before thought it might be a setting I missed but the phone doesn't display the number calling. Says it is active on my account but checked with *#234# and it says the requested service is unavailable so not sure what the issue is.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@woolyjumper Would have been a good idea to start a new topic for this, but it sounds like you'll have to join the queue for PN staff support, as only they can carry out the required checks.

John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @woolyjumper, sorry you didn't get caller display by default as you should have. I've added that in for you and it should work for you within the next few hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team