cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling a switch.

Zoidster
Grafter

Cancelling a switch.

I realise I need to cancel my switch, but it's clear Plusnet cannot be trusted to do this.
Does anyone know if it is possible to get this done from the other end? ..I.e. Can I phone TalkTalk and get them to cancel the switch from their end?
4 REPLIES 4
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Cancelling a switch.

@Zoidster  Talktalk should contact you and say "sorry you are leaving"  you can then respond and say no I don't want to move away.

sophiecw1990
Dabbler

I'm looking into this myself at this point. Signed up a month ago and still no router, no communication about what's happening. PlusNet were very happy to take my money and do nothing. I don't really think this is a company I want to get tied to, I deeply regret ever starting the switch. I hope things worked out for you! 

Zoidster
Grafter

Thank you. I'm Sorry to hear this

Not sure how you would fare with cancelling as you have gone over 14 days since placing your order, but my advice would be to cancel if you possible can.
If I have learned anything, it is that no one at Plusnet is particularly interested in helping you. I could not get so much as an response from Twitter, and on here the only meaningful official response was to get a telling off for using the word "idiot" when referring to a CS Rep that pretended to sort it out, when he hadn't.

Unfortunately the only way to cancel is Via the phone. Sadly, I can't envisage Plusnet being remotely compassionate about your problems with speaking on the phone, and even if they were, getting through on the phone is so difficult. (I reccomend first thing in the morning, I actually got through by ringing 10 minutes before the lines were officially supposed to open)
Perhaps you could get a friend to help with the call? The CS Rep should be able to talk you through authorising them to talk on their behalf.

My advice would be, if you can cancel, do so! If it is this much trouble at this point, can you imagine the trouble it's going to be if you actually have a problem when it's all up and running?

I sincerely have everything crossed for you, as I know what a headache this all is 🤞🤞🤞
sophiecw1990
Dabbler

I cancelled, fortunately for me the stop date for my old provider wasn't confirmed.
If Plusnet want me to pay a cancellation charge they can whistle for it. 👌