cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled full fibre 900 upgrade

Zak
Dabbler

Cancelled full fibre 900 upgrade

Been with plusnet for a few years, never had any serious issues with FTTC getting rock solid speeds and connection. Realised FTTP was available in my area so decided to upgrade, order went fine, price agreed and installation booked for 6th December but was told I would need to be at home for the first engineer visit to run the fibre extermally which I preferred anyway.  A few days later I got a text from openeach on 15 Nov saying they were doing the work 'in the next few days' and to reply CONFIRM if that was OK, or ACCESS 'if we can't do the work withhout someone being present' which was different from what I was told so I replied CONFIRM and got an automatic text back to say the internal and external works would be done together do thought everything was still in place for 6th Dec.

6 days after that on 21st Nov I got a text from plusnet saying 'your broadband order has been delayed' with absolutely no information, expected an email to come through, or someone to call. The number says to call for an update.  I tried every single day to get through to someone: morning, afternoons, evenings, weekdays, weekends waiting up to 20 mins which for me is the absolute max wait time with no information on where I was in the queue, wasted hours on hold overall and still hadn't managed to speak to anyone, until today. 

I explained about the texts and at first I was told everything was in place for install on 6th Dec and there was no issues. So I said again about the delays and the person checked the notes and said the install was now 30th Dec but couldn't say if this was the internal or external works or both, and then started talking about permissions with the council and access which is absolutely not the case as it's a private estate and private road and I know the openreach duct to the house is totally clear and said the delay was nothing to do with my replying to the message from openreach since I wanted to be there at the first visit despite being told when I ordered I would need to be at home anyway.  Lost confidence in the whole process, lack of information and the issues trying to speak to anyone at plusnet about it and the general frustrations all round, such a shame. 

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Cancelled full fibre 900 upgrade

Sad story, but not an untypical situation across the industry.  BT Openreach are consistently poor about keeping their customers (the ISPs) informed on what is happening.  That said BT Openreach is suffering from the consequences of engineers striking rather than delivering the essential service which telecoms is.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Zak
Dabbler

My order is with plusnet though and they are a communications company who don't communicate, the frustration is with them as that's who I pay I can see EE are offering fibre 900 for £42/m as well which is way cheaper than I was getting it for even with a discount and they are essentially the same company anyway. 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @Zak,

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. If there is anything that we might be able to assist with at this stage, please let us know and we'll be happy to help wherever we can.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team