cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

ACR1

Cancellation

First time poster and might not be a plus net customer for very long.

I set up phone and broadband for my elderly parents. Placed the order 13/8. After chasing plus net have finally realised the order wasn't processed - something about flow tracking and now saying the line won't be active until Monday 5/9.

Long story short, plus net have been a shambles and are not offering a quick solution for 80 year old pensioners with no phone line for the past week, only empathy (and I can recognise that for the platitude it is)

Anyone know if I can cancel the order without penalty and get sorted quickly with another provider?
10 REPLIES 10
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Cancellation

You having a 14 day cooling off period after installation so yes you will be able to cancel without penalty, however bear in mind when you go to a new provider you will have to start the order again which will take a couple of weeks to complete ( approximately). Also unless going for virgin media the order will still be processed by openreach so you could still have problems but not knowing the reason why the order failed the first time I  can't comment further on this apart from warning it may be a possibility.

Hope this helps,

James 

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Sorry that the issue is persisting, however it's because there seems to be a delay in getting the number ported over from the previous provider.

Generally, this isn't the fault of the previous provider, it's more often an Openreach error encountered in receiving the proforma from us, and sending it over to the old provider (being advised that it's Sky).

The good news is that I've managed to get the ball rolling on that front, and things should be completing over the next few hours. Take this with a pinch of salt for now, but I'll keep an eye on your order throughout today.

If you want to cancel, it'd be best discussed with our Customer Options team on 08000132632.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
ACR1

Thanks geek26.  Miraculously Plusnet managed to get the phone line working by lunchtime today (Friday 2 Sept) and broadband by 6pm.  Credit where credit's due but I'm still disappointed that it took a posting to a public forum to get the wheels moving.  Yesterday's conversations with Plusnet were very much of the "computer says no" variety which suggests the USP compared to Sky/BT is a thing of the past.  

I still fail to understand a business model in which the provider doesn't know there's a problem until the customer contacts them to tell them that so can't convert the order into revenue until they do....

Thanks again

ACR1

Matty C of the Help Team, thanks for babysitting the issue and getting it resolved today.  It's been a frustrating couple of days.  Can you organise for someone in Customer Service to contact me with a proposal for compensation/adjustment to the charges for this?  I don't think I could cope with another 30 minute stint with your hold music.

Thanks

ACR1

Message for Matty C

Had to remotely talk an 80 year old though router set up, wireless set up and sky wireless set up in the expectation that BT Sport would be active.  Not a fun experience.

Called up tonight, another happy forty minutes on the phone, to find that it hasn't been even been set up on your system despite the fact I specifically ordered it on 13/8 and this was acknowledged.  None of the managers on the floor thought that expressing this is possible.  Here's your chance to prove them wrong.  Can I suggest you move a mountain or two and get it up and running by 12pm Saturday.

Not that I thought it was possible, but this is turning out to be worse than BT.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I believe Matty works weekdays, normal office hours so it is likely he won't see your post until Monday.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@ACR1 - I've sent a message to a colleague that can add BT Sport, requesting they pick this one up. They're currently showing as away from their computer, however I'll be checking back a little later today and chasing it up again if it's still not sorted.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've been advised that it should be working shortly. Apologies for the delay. Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ACR1

Jelv and Harry B, thanks so much for taking an interest.  Not working as yet but hopefully soon...

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@ACR1 wrote:

Not working as yet but hopefully soon...

Sorry to hear that Undecided

If it's still not working by tomorrow, give me a nudge on Monday and I'll chase it up again when I'm back in the office.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet