cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you connect me or not?

Stewart1

Can you connect me or not?

Ordered phone line and fiber broadband, told connection will be 14/11/16, received an email saying phone was now connected and broadband should be active at the same time, received email yesterday 10/11/16 saying broadband will be active 17/11/16, received another email just after midnight last night saying broadband will be active 25/11/16. That is 11 days after i was told it would be connected, why am i being told lies? can you actually connect me or not? do you want my custom or not? I cancelled vodaphone for this very reason and you are now doing the same, either do as you promised when i took out the contract with you or cancel it.

3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Can you connect me or not?

Welcome to the community forums @Stewart1

Unfortunately it looks like originally the order journey for transferring your services was expected to be taking over a working service, where we'd expect both services to transfer over on the same day.

Unfortunately it appears that the line was ceased before we could request to take the service over, therefore we had to restart the line and then place a separate fibre order following this.

I'm sorry to say that fibre orders are dependant on engineer availability and although we did initially advise we had requested the 17th (As we had requested the earliest date in line with the minimum lead time for a fibre order) the order committed for the earliest date our suppliers can get an engineer to carry out the work, which is why the 25th was later confirmed.

I do apologise for the poor communication on this and the lack of explanation via the account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Stewart1

Your information is wrong, it was your sales team that told me when i placed the order the date that the line to my house was being terminated so you was well aware of what date the live line at my address was finishing and you would be taking over the line and installing line and broadband on or around the same day. I have at last managed to speak to a human and plusnet have apparently screwed up by forgetting to order the fiber broadband. You guys really need to start talking to each other rather than giving your customers different answers. Your mistake is the reason i now have a phone line and no internet.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

I am sorry about this @Stewart1 and I will pass this feedback internally regarding this issue.

I have checked the progress of your order and I can see that it is due today but it can take up to midnight to complete. We will let you know once this active so you can plug in your equipment and start to use your broadband service.