cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't order Fibre (FTTC) but all okay at Openreach?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Can't order Fibre (FTTC) but all okay at Openreach?

Really odd way of doing business here...

1. An ISP places an order for broadband on their supplier BT Wholesale
  2. BT Wholesale attempts to place an order on their supplier BT Openreach
  3. BT Wholesale's order on their supplier fails due to a poor record keeping issue in their supplier's business systems
  4. Instead of fixing their order with their supplier, BT Wholesale bounces the order back to their customer - the ISP
  5. The ISP then needs to go fix the issues with BT Openreach (BT Wholesale's supplier) with whom in this context they have no commercial relationship

Well it is January, so I guess this must be pantomime season - but hey we see this farce all year round!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Townman 

The problem here is the records with the phone line which BTW haven’t got influence over as they’re a broadband supplier, so they have to ask us to submit the ORDI.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Gandalf 

I understand that, but it is THEIR order with THEIR supplier which has failed.  THEIR failure to manage the issue THEY encountered causes delays and complications for all involved.

THEY need to own the failure in order process and deal direct with BTOR until between them they can process the order successfully.  We both know of cases where an order fails repeatedly requiring the ISP to act as a messenger boy between the two supplier divisions repeatedly, each ORDI or bridge case taking 48 or more hours.  This is a cost burden on the ISPs, to say nothing of the potential PR damage.

It is a farce, it makes ISPs look bad and it does need to be "called out" for what it is.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Appreciate it’s complicated but our broadband suppliers have no visibility over the records of a phone line. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Heya @Logan72 Just to follow up here following our private message conversation, I'm really happy to see through submitting the ORDI and raising a case to Openreach's systems support helpdesk that the records issue has been sorted now and fibre's showing as available. Thumbs_Up

If you decide to place an order with us, feel free to let us know and we'll be happy to keep an eye on it for you. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Logan72
Dabbler

Absolutely @Gandalf and @adam945!

I will indeed be placing an order asap and will let you know.

Top top work from you both and this forum - I'd have been going round in circles without you.

Very grateful for your help and expertise.

You have done me proud!

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Super glad to see that it's now sorted @Logan72 

If you have any further questions at all, please do feel free to give us a shout! Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
burnside61

I joined plusnet on Sept 29th 2021, I eventually got connected to internet on the 22nd Dec. I hate to tell you but it is now order number 9, all others were rejected due to all previous orders being placed for an old style '20th century exchange', no follow up from plusnet.  Now struggling to get compensated although the notes re communications with plusnet say my complaint is resolved, it is most definitely not resolved.  Good luck with your struggle. 

Tags (1)
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @burnside61,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced with the service. Just to confirm, is the connection up and running as you would expect it to be? I can see that there is an active connection from our side of things.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
burnside61

Yes it has been up and running since 22nd Dec, it only took around 3 months. I am now waiting for refund of the money that has been gobbled out of my account for no service during that time.  It's been a horrible process since September made even more excruciating by being forced to listen to Elton singing the repetitive refrain "....I think it's gonna be a LONG LONG time' whilst sitting interminably on hold... an extremely crass attempt at an inside joke in my opinion! 

However the person I talked to today is on the case and is good at her job so I feel this can finally get to some conclusion.  Thank you for your response.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Not to worry @burnside61, I'm glad to hear that this is in hand. If there are any further problems, please feel free to start a new thread regarding them and we will be happy to pick the case up for review Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Logan72
Dabbler

Just thought I'd close this off - my order and switchover went exactly according to schedule and I'm very happy with my new Plusnet FTTC service.

Thank you again to the members of this forum and the staffers that made it happen.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for the post back @Logan72 

Awesome, I’m glad to see your order went smoothly and your fibre’s working well. Cheesy

Not a problem, feel free to prod us if there’s ever anything else you’d need help with and let’s hope that be a slightly easier issue to fix. Tongue (just kidding, happy to help!)

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet