cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't enter correct address when trying to sign up for fibre

sonoftux

Can't enter correct address when trying to sign up for fibre

Hi,

I'm trying to sign up for fibre on the main web page, but when I get to the address bit it doesn't show my actual address as one of the selectable options  - what it does show is the address that my property used to be known as 20 odd years ago (when it was a pub).

If I select the out-of-date address it shows that I can get fibre, but the order won't go through.

I tried this a year ago - plusnet and sky (my current provider) got into spiral of plusnet trying to get sky to release the fibre on the out-of-date address and sky correctly saying that they don't have any fibre at that address, then plusnet saying that sky need to change my address from my current correct one back to the 20+ year out-of-date one and sky saying that they can't change my address (to the out-of-date one) as the address they have IS correct according to the Port Office database and so on round and round.

If I do manually enter my correct address - the order system won't allow my to proceed with the fibre order as it say's my address is only capable of 1Mb broadband - which is what I had before I got fibre with sky.

Anyone have any ideas who do I need to get in contact with to get this address mess sorted really out? I need to get plusnet's address database updated with my correct address.

7 REPLIES 7
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Can't enter correct address when trying to sign up for fibre

The problem is that the wrong address is on the OpenReach database and as your current providers Sky need to get it corrected.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
sonoftux

Thanks - Looks like I'm off to have another chat with Sky customer service in the morning Knuppel. I'll let you all know how I get on and hopefully I'll be able to escape to Plusnet soon...Roll_eyes

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Have you moved from the property that you were in when you were a previous customer of ours (based on your email address)?

If so, I can do a bit of digging for you and look at the previously ceased asset.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
sonoftux

Hi MattyC,

No I'm still living at the same address (No 1) - The one that you have on account for me - and have been there for 15 years or so.

It just seems that the Openreach database shows me as only able to get 1Mb ADSL and no Fibre on that address.

If you look for the address that comes up for my property when I put my postcode and phone number in on the Main Website page it only shows the 'B****** Inn' address - which is able to get FIbre, but which would get an order rejected on as Sky will (and have said when I tried to move to PlusNet last year) that they don't have anything at that address.

They only have fibre as being fitted on my (No 1) address which according to your listing on the front page doesn't exist - and is only capable of 1Mb ADSL if I put the address in manually Crazy3!!

I phoned Sky yesterday and they said that both addresses are on the openreach database and you just need 'to scroll down' to see the 'No 1' address  Undecided- which thinking about it after hanging up isn't going to fix my issue as the problem I outlined above is still going to happen Angry 

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Well I've scrolled down to the absolute very bottom of the 11 addresses registered under your postcode and tried scrolling further just in case. Grin

I think the line is registered to the pub. An LLU line is registered there, and in the other property the records reflect that a new line would need installing, with the need to survey the best way to feed it to your property first.

Funnily enough, last time you signed up we sent you a message querying your address, so it won't have been updated for a while. We should be able to sort that if we migrate you over.

My advice is sign up at the pub, PM me your username, from there, I'll manage your account until it's provisioned.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
sonoftux

Hi MattyC - Thanks for the generous offer of help, but it looks like I'm going to be staying with Sky for the next year. During my discussions about this with them they made me an offer (as the GodFather would say) that I couldn't refuse Wink - They've knocked just over £40/month off my £100/month bill for the next year - effectively giving me free 78Mb Fibre & Line rental for the next year - I just couldn't turn that sort of saving down Cheesy.

I really would've liked to move back to PlusNet, if only to be able to get rid of the dreadful SR102 router and finally be able to use by own (officially).

I'm not going to give up on this and I'm going to escalate it through Sky, so that hopefully this time next year it'll all be 'fixed' so that I can escape the 'family'. Knuppel and if not, we can start this merry-go-round again Crazy2.

Once again thank you for the excellent support and I hope to be seeing you for a smooth transition in a years time. 

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Good luck with the future @sonoftux.

We'll wait for you in a year's time, please let us know if you need anything else answering.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support