cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate line because India is on Lockdown?

FIXED
JamesH

Can't activate line because India is on Lockdown?

Hi everyone,

Kinda posting here as a last resort sadly.

Still waiting for my broadband to be activated that was due to go live on the 26th November 2019.

It has been pushed back, and pushed back, for logical and understandable reasons so far, reasons that make sense, and I can understand.

Then the final hurdle was meant to be overcome the week before last and we were going to get broadband. YEY......... except we didn't, we got a phone with a dial tone, and a box with a flashing orange light, but data connectivity, sadly no.

So I did what any PlusNet customer would do, wait a few days, turns out that didn't work.

Post a message in reply to the question I have open in my account, of course that didn't get answered.

Try to log onto online chat, nope not available.

So I waited on hold to speak to an advisor, which I have to say, is always a joy, I really enjoy talking to the people in the call centre, they have always been able to assist, and whilst not been able to fix a problem, have been able to offer a logical explanation as to why it is going to take a bit longer, except on this occasion, wait for it:

'I can see that your broadband order is stuck in Openreach's system and should have gone active on the 02/04/20, due to the COVID-19 and our suppliers are based in India they are on complete lock down so they are closed,

Once they re-open we will be in touch, so there is no need to call back in as we have no updates,'

At first I thought OK, well we are all in this together after all, not the end of the world.

Then the doubt crept in, and I started googling and I can't find anything about Openreach being unable to fault find because all the India staff are in lock down, and in essence they are closed with no contingencies.

So I thought, if anyone knows the answer it is the PlusNet community, so I should ask!

Thanks for your help.

James
6 REPLIES 6
boydyaxley
Hooked

Re: Can't activate line because India is on Lockdown?

Hey, see my post yesterday on this. I had the same problem having moved house. Ultimately, Plusnet gave me the India call centre excuse, but it didn't seem right. Cancelled with Plusnet (I think you should be able to do this as your service hasn't started yet, but of course please check). I went with BT (who own Plusnet!). After waiting the standard 2 weeks, my connection was activated yesterday. Would recommend doing the same as, while Plusnet said "just 3 weeks of lockdown in India", we know this is likely to keep on extending. Good luck!

JamesH

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I will see what happens over the next few days, and then look into moving!

Thanks again.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Fix

@JamesH, Openreach closed the order back on the 2nd, however the BT Wholesale side got stuck due to a system exception. This was pushed through this morning and the order completed their side too. I expect this will filter through the necessary systems over the next 24 hours and the service activated. Feel free to give me a nudge if that doesn't end up being the case though.

Apologies for the delays.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

JamesH

@bobpullen, thanks for the update.

Fingers crossed......
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@JamesH looks like you're up and running now?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

JamesH

@bobpullen all up and running!

37 down and 9 up, I will take that all day long :).

Thanks for your help.