cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate Plusnet card

k-login-name

Can't activate Plusnet card

Long story - I never received an email regarding claiming the card so rang Plusnet 4July. An adviser said he would put in a claim for me and about 10 days later I got my card. Then my troubles started. When I attempt to register with Purecard, I complete the form and am offered only the option to get an activation code by email - there is no sms option. I use the email option but never get an email back, no matter how many times I try, and I've tried on many days. I've used the Purecard contact email address (info@purecard.com) three times but never get anything other than an auto acknowledgement saying a response within 72 hours. I've tried phoning but never get through to anyone and I'm racking up quite a call bill listening to muzak. I phoned Plusnet but the adviser said she could not do anything other than give me the same Purecard phone number. I asked if the Plusnet adviser who had submitted my claim had actually given Purecard my email address or mobile number but she said she couldn't check that. Very apologetic but no help. I'm feeling I've been suckered into joining Plusnet as they promise the reward card but don't want to know when things go wrong. Is it a case of mis-selling when you promise something to entice a customer but don't provide it? It was Plusnet who offered the deal but aren't prepared to see it through.

9 REPLIES 9
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Can't activate Plusnet card

Thanks for your time on the phone @k-login-name. I've updated this support ticket with a record of our discussion and the actions I'm taking to resolve this for you. 

Thanks. 

TonyEmm

Purecard do not respond to emails!  18 days on and I was still waiting, despite reminders.

To activate the card, use the web address on the card but do NOT put in www. before it.  Fill in your details and it will ask for a 4 digit PAN or CLAIM code.  The 4 digit number is the last 4 digits of the long card number!

https://plusnet.purecard.com/activate/ActivateStep1

it’s taken me 3 weeks but I am now activated, and no chargeable phone calls! 😊

Deefor
Dabbler

...Neither can I 

I am on the purecard website - add details, then only have the option of the activation code being sent to an email - and once clicked it has taken anywhere from 40mins  to 2hrs to get the promised email. The code then says it doesn't work... 

I have repeated this process four or five times now without success. 

Anyone any suggestions  please? 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey there @Deefor, thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

I'm sorry to read about the issues you're having with the activation of your reward card and I apologise for the inconvenience caused. I'd recommend calling Purecard on 0344 800 6435 and they'll be able to assist you with this. 

Thanks. 

Deefor
Dabbler

But there are numerous  threads on here noting the high charges for calling them and also  the groundhog day nature of their phone system which sends you round and round... without resolution, all the while charging per minute.

Plusnet offered this reward and therefore I hope that Plusnet will resolve the issue ... It too over two months to get the transition to plusnet rather than the stated 10 working days, so my experience to date has not been great and it is not getting any better... 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to me @Deefor

Apologies again to read your experience thus far, however, we're unable to make any changes from this side in regards to the reward card as it is supplied by Purecard. I can certainly appreciate not wishing to hang on over the phone when you've been unable to get a response over email but there's no further assistance we can provide as the the card support is provided through the card issuer - Purecard. 

Thanks. 

Deefor
Dabbler

So if they fail to fulfill the offer made to me by plusnet,what does plusnet do ? 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fingers crossed you'll get through to them @Deefor, the card is loaded with the reward amount already - it's a matter of activation as per your previous posts, therefore you'll need to contact them as we cannot provide further assistance/support with this particular query. Afaik the reward cards do not expire until 12 months after activation and so there shouldn't any trouble there. 

Deefor
Dabbler

So that is the official response from plusnet for the failure to deliver part of the offer when attracting new customers... ?

You use a company which has an extensive set of complaints about them and then wash your hands... 

Define "award winning customer service" again for me please? 

But i bet it's saving plusnet a fortune not having to pay out for all the cards that can't be activated...