cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Place order

bluekojo

Can't Place order

Hi,  I can't seem to place my order online.  I get as far as "please choose your engineer date" section but there is not option to do so and I can't go any further.  I don't want to do the order over the phone as I will miss out on the cashback (either through cashback site, or reward card direct as they are similar amounts)

I don't even understand why i need an engineer as I am currently with Sky and have a working, active phone line (when I did call customer service they weren't sure either 😕

Has anyone any ideas? 

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Can't Place order

Do you have any ad blockers etc. running?
I'd try it in a new 'private' tab with any extensions disabled.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
bluekojo

Hello,  Thank you for replying so quickly.  I had also tried on my mobile using data as opposed to wifi incase it was linked to that but the same happened,  I have just tried as you suggested anyway just in case but still no option to choose a date.

Any thoughts on why I would need an engineer when I already have a functioning live connection with sky? 🙂

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Have you quoted your existing phone number?

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@bluekojo 

If Sky have "unbundled" your Exchange then I believe OpenReach needs to physically move the connection from the Sky equipment to their own.

The "Engineer Appointment" bit might be a bit mis-leading. If everything goes well no visit to your house would be required (I believe) but if there's a problem they might need to visit to check things.

Brian

bluekojo

I have yes, it says that it hasn't come up in their checks

bluekojo

@bmc Thank you 🙂