cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone please explain what 'order put on hold' means

summerwine

Can someone please explain what 'order put on hold' means

Hi,  Firstly my apologies if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where it should go.

Having been with Plusnet for many years we placed an order to upgrade to fibre broadband on 23rd February,  Our acknowledgement email said this would change over on 2nd March, and we could expect our new router in due course.   When nothing had happened by 2nd March I called Customer Services and it seems that some of the procedures had not been followed up and basically our order had been forgotten.  The very helpful lady I spoke to got the order for the new router under way and placed the order for the upgrade. It was given a ticket number and since then the message updates on that ticket have contained the wording 'order rejected', 'order put on hold', with the latest one today saying the order had been put on hold until tomorrow.  

Can anyone please explain what this means.  Is our order actually going through, and when will we get our upgraded broadband.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Can someone please explain what 'order put on hold' means

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@summerwine  Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like there is a problem with getting a date from Openreach, so you need advice from a Plusnet staffer.

The worse possible scenario is that whilst Plusnet have been faffing about all the capacity on your local FTTC cabinet has been allocated and you will have to wait for more capacity to be installed. Is FTTC shown as still available if you put your phone number in here?  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

summerwine

Thank you Baldrick1.  I checked the link you gave and came away even more confused because in the table it said something about FTTC being enabled, then in some blurb at the bottom it said it wasn't, so I went to another site that checked by postcode rather than phone number, and that said that fibre definitely was enabled,

If an order is put through from a customer for fibre, whether as a first time customer or an existing customer upgrade,  wouldn't checking to make sure it was available for that customer be one of the first things Plusnet would check for??  When placing the order for the upgrade to fibre I had assumed that if we couldn't get it to our number, Plusnet would have said so?

Hopefully it's just a matter of waiting, but it would be really helpful if someone from Support could look into it for me. 

Thanks again for your help.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@summerwine 

What I was suggesting was the nightmare scenario where FTTC was available when you first ordered the upgrade but Plusnet with their screwed up business system failed to reserve it for you and in the meantime with more and more people swapping to FTTC all the capacity, including what would have been your connection, got allocated to others.

If you want advice on what the DSL checker is telling you then obscure your phone number and post it here. The fact that FTTC is enabled does not mean that there is currently spare capacity.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

summerwine

Oh thanks Baldrick1, that makes sense now. It exists here but none spare. Typical! I guess I’ll have to ring customer support and speak with someone. Maybe I’ll wait until the morning to see if the ticket on my account has been updated.
BUT, if any Support staff are looking in here, could you look into it for me please, thank you.
summerwine

I decided not to wait until the morning.  Spoke to customer services and it seems that yet again the automated order hadn't gone through. 

An extremely helpful lady has assured me fibre is available to me and has now put the order through manually for me.  We should get it in 5-7 working days, (which can't be expedited apparently) and they will keep me updated if there are any hitches.  Fingers crossed!