Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i change my Order?

FIXED
Kip
Hooked

Can i change my Order?

Ok, the thing is i failed to see anywhere when ordering the 40mb Fiber Deal that the Upload Speed would be capped at 2mb (which is extremely tight IMO)... As i'm a gamer and use Share Play a lot on PS4 i'm completely scunnered with this upload speed. 

The only option would be to upgrade, but as i have not long been activated am i right in saying that i cant do anything until i get my next bill # (23rd December), wait for it to be processed and THEN upgrade? Or is there any other way i can get it upgraded jst now...... 

6 REPLIES 6
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Can i change my Order?

Hello @Kip and welcome to the community forums,

If your fibre order hasn't completed yet then your account probably won't have been activated, by changing the account type will essentially activate the account and start the billing.

If you're within your 14 day cooling off period the best course of action would be to speak with our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 to cancel the order then to re signup.

If you would like me to look into this in more detail please private message me with your username and I'll get back to you tomorrow once I'm back in the office.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Go to the Member Centre and click Product change.

You should be able to upgrade now and with luck it will happen overnight.

Kip
Hooked

PM Sent @Anoush

Thanks @Browni i did as u suggested but i got this message 

"

• You can't change your products for the moment, you have an order which is currently being processed. Please try again later.  "

The Fiber has been active since 23rd November as working as it should, just astonished by the 2mb upload cap ?!?! 

Even then i still only get 1.6 upload on the PS4 pffffft

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

You aren't the first to be surprised by the 2 Mb upload speed and certainly won't be the last as it is not obvious.

As for upgrading it may require customer service input with the contract being so new. Shame it didn't work just now.

Kip
Hooked

"You aren't the first to be surprised by the 2 Mb upload speed and certainly won't be the last as it is not obvious."

Tell me about it @Browni SHEESH..! lol

And there was me being naive by following instructions about "waiting up to ten days after your fiber has been activated so Plusnet can find and achieve the best possible speeds for your line" 

Aw i hate all this clever sneaky advertising ploys and tactics - i feel swindled, they should just drop the word "Proud" and leave it as "We will Do You"

I mean c'mon - this is fiber broadband people -  FIBER BROADBAND..!! 2MB UPLOAD..!! yer 'avin a giraffe..!

I suppose i will just wait to see what Anoush says when he gets back to the office tomorrow. I probably will end up having to upgrade but in all honesty i really don't want to now. I was just looking at the SuperFiber50mb on Virgin and their actually cheaper just now. I could even go for the Vivid100mb and it would still be cheaper than upgrading my Plusnet to get a few more measly upload megs.

I will have a look on the other forum topics about cancelling contract as i don't know if i'm still in a grace period or if i will just end up having to pay costs accrued to cancel it. I could even send back the Plusnet Router no problem as still got all the packaging and box.

I'm annoyed., not good starting a contract on a sour note... Sneaky little ninja's, they need to put the full details of contract in plain sight before we sign up to anything.... 

Ah... i'm away to see if i can get help to get me outta this one... wish me luck pmsl...!

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Fix

Thanks for your patience @Kip

Apologies for the delay. I've fixed the problem on your account now so you will be able to upgrade your package using the product change tool online.

The change should go through within 1 working day.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button