cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I specify a date for my transfer to Plusnet?

FIXED
hs

Can I specify a date for my transfer to Plusnet?

As I’m working from home at the moment, to avoid any downtime impact, I’d like to arrange my transfer from Post Office ADSL to Plusnet Fibre to happen whilst I have a couple of days off work on 4th/7th December. However the order process doesn’t let me specify a transfer date. Can this be requested after I order, and is it too early to order the transfer now? Many thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Can I specify a date for my transfer to Plusnet?

When I migrated in, there was an option to specify the date you wanted the service to go live, as well as the suggested date which is usually 14 days after ordering. I coincided my move with having already paid my current provider for the month and wanted to get my moneys worth.

Mark

hs

Thanks for your reply

I’ve just gone through the order process again, just in case I missed it first time around, to the point just before ordering, but sadly no date picker, just a message saying most orders are completed within 10 days.

I’m wondering whether the lack of a date picker is because the system knows that I’m migrating from an ISP who, I believe, is LLU, or from ADSL to Fibre, so perhaps more difficult to co-ordinate/set a date up-front. In a ‘normal world’ this wouldn’t be an issue, as I’d be at work, but work is now home, and I need to be connected. Hoping a Plusnet employee can confirm. Thanks again.
hs

For anyone else with the same query I just noticed a chat option on the order page and asked the question of Plusnet. They have advised that customers can’t choose a migration date, and the only option for timing is to assume that the migration date will be 10-12 days from your order date. If I had a week or fortnight off work that might be an option, but too risky with just my two days off. Oh well, looks like I’ll be staying with my current ISP, at least for the moment.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for your post @hs 

While we'll automatically process an order for the soonest possible date, after you've signed up I'd recommend calling us on 0800 432 0200 to specify your transfer date as we can delay an order for up to 3 months in to the future.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hs

Many thanks @Gandalf

Truly a great Wizard amongst Wizards!

Order placed!! 😀
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Thanks for your great feedback for @Gandalf, @hs. It's much appreciated and I've let the Wizard know. Although I kind of feel he already knew!

Thanks - LF