Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Called CS to postpone activation date but no confirmation

FIXED
aliceleetm
Hooked

Called CS to postpone activation date but no confirmation

I have signed up to Plusnet broadband+ home phone service 2 weeks ago. I have got a confirmation email for the activation date soon after registration. But the activation date is too early for me as I still have few weeks of contract with my current service provider.

So I called the customer service last week to postpone the activation date. The advisor promised to change the activation date as per my request and said would inform the current service provider about the change. But I still have not got any confirmation email regarding the change I have made.

Today I tried to call customer service again to check if the arrangement has been made. It is quite disappointing that I have waited for 30 minutes but still no one answer my call.

I have no idea why I could not choose the activation date of the service. And I would suggest online customer service as all customers are already allocated a user account of plusnet.

I hope there will be customer support on this forum and can help to solve my problem. Thank you.

18 REPLIES 18
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Called CS to postpone activation date but no confirmation

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see this. I've had a look and I can confirm we've changed your transfer date to the 16.05.22 as we've agreed and promised. If you have any further queries, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
aliceleetm
Hooked

Hi there,

Thank you very much for following up promptly.

Could I also confirm if you have informed my current service provider for the updated transfer date please? I just worried my existing service would be stopped on the earlier transfer date. 

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@aliceleetm If Plusnet have amended your transfer date, your old ISP will maintain the service until the early hours of that date - or certainly should - in accordance with industry procedures.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Good question. Changing the transfer date of an order should automatically change the stop date with the existing provider. 

I've done some digging and that's not actually happened for some reason, so I've chased this up with our suppliers helpdesk who have raised a request to trigger the stop date to change to the 16.05.22 matching our transfer date. 

If the date doesn't change tomorrow, I'll cancel the order altogether for you and replace it for the 16th. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Good job you did that, @Gandalf , although I thought I was correct in what I said.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@jab1, to be fair surprisingly I've not seen this issue before so it looks to be very rare but glad I spotted it.

Thanks for the heads up @aliceleetm!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
aliceleetm
Hooked

Hi @Gandalf, I am aware of my order has been cancelled this morning. Are you going to replace it with an order starting on 16 May please?

As I signed up Plusnet service through TopCashback, I am wondering if I can still get the cash back from TopCashback in this situation.

I would be grateful to have your advice. I am also happy to be contacted at the email address registered. Thank you very much. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @aliceleetm

That's the plan. I'll update you today and you'll still get your cashback though I can see you've signed up on an offer from us that includes a £65 reward card, so it's doubtful that TopCashback will also pay you as you can't get both I'm afraid.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
aliceleetm
Hooked

@Gandalf 
Thank you for your update.

Honestly things get a bit complicated since the cancellation of order. I wish to confirm the transfer date and my current service would not be stopped before my preferred date initially, which I thought this could be achieved by making changes on system.

As I know, the TopCashback reward and the reward offered by Plusnet are separate things. It would be a bit out of my expectation if I lose the TopCashback reward because the order is cancelled instead of changing a date. It would be great to have your suggested solution on this.

Lastly, I am quite confused now. I have got an email of order cancellation and a SMS of order placed. Could I know more about what would be happening next please?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@aliceleetm wrote:
 Honestly things get a bit complicated since the cancellation of order. I wish to confirm the transfer date and my current service would not be stopped before my preferred date initially, which I thought this could be achieved by making changes on system.

Really sorry for the confusion, I'm making sure that happens by replacing your order.

@aliceleetm wrote:

As I know, the TopCashback reward and the reward offered by Plusnet are separate things. It would be a bit out of my expectation if I lose the TopCashback reward because the order is cancelled instead of changing a date. It would be great to have your suggested solution on this.

The cancellation of the order isn't affecting your reward card/cashback as that's tied to your account which is still open. 

I'm afraid that a reward offered by Plusnet or TopCashback are both forms of cashback/reward and you can only get one. 

Appreciate the disappointment but I want to be upfront and transparent with you so you'll know what to expect. 

We explain in our cashback FAQ's Here that:

"Sometimes, different Plusnet Rewards are available through different channels (e.g. whether you sign up directly via our website, or via one of our partner's sites).

If you try to sign up for multiple Plusnet Rewards you'll only be entitled to one (normally the last one you've chosen). We reserve the right to refuse to provide any Plusnet Rewards if we think you're deliberately trying to claim for multiple rewards."

@aliceleetm wrote:

Lastly, I am quite confused now. I have got an email of order cancellation and a SMS of order placed. Could I know more about what would be happening next please?

Once we've replaced the order and it's confirmed in the supplier systems, you'll be the first to know Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
aliceleetm
Hooked

This is the broadband service plan advertised on TopCashback Broadband Compare.

https://compare-broadband.topcashback.co.uk

So the TopCashback reward is the cash reward that is offered by TopCashback and would go into my TopCashback account. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for that. I've raised it with a colleague in our affiliate marketing team and I'll let you know when I hear back. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
aliceleetm
Hooked

@Gandalf Have you got any update from marketing team please?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah they're liaising with one of our affiliates and I plan to check back tomorrow to allow a bit more time, due to the long bank holiday weekend we've had. I've been updating the ticket on your account Here and I'll update again tomorrow. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet