Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call plan not applied to order

FIXED
hope
Hooked

Call plan not applied to order

My home phone/broadband order of 16 September included the Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls call plan. I paid for this the same day and Plusnet confirmed my order in a welcome email. Plusnet began providing my phone services on 9 October. At no time has Plusnet contacted me to say that there was any problem with the call plan. Then on Monday (28 October) I began receiving automated emails reminding me that I was nearing my home phone credit threshold. I could make no sense of this as my call plan includes a £75 credit threshold for chargeable calls and I haven't yet made any such calls under the terms of my plan. I therefore phoned Plusnet and was told that I didn't have a call plan and accordingly every call I made was chargeable and the approaching threshold was £55. When I explained that my call plan had been confirmed by Plusnet in an email of 16 September and that I'd paid for this in advance the operative checked and agreed that this was in fact so. She said she would now add the call plan but couldn't as it turns out there is yet another problem. Apparently I belong to a select group of lucky Plusnet customers affected by a software issue which means that nobody can change anything on my account. I was assured that people are working on this issue but nobody knows how long it will take. In the meantime it wasn't quite clear what this meant for me. I was left with the impression that if I phoned Plusnet when I got closer to the £55 call threshold something would be done, although what this was I wasn't told. 

I therefore phoned Plusnet again yesterday morning as there was only about £9 of call credit left and I'd received more warning emails from Plusnet. The person I spoke to couldn't help but said his team leader Graeme would try to sort it all out during the day and would phone me at 4pm to tell me what he had done. I later had this confirmed by email but I never got the promised call. Now I have just £2.41 credit remaining and the threshold will certainly be reached today. What will happen then?

I need to be able to use my phone and do not want calls routed through Plusnet customer services as I believe happens in these circumstances. If the only way this can be resolved is by adding further credit to my account then it is Plusnet who should do this. Nobody has actually asked me to add more credit but I'm now wondering if I have simply been left with this problem to sort out myself, effectively by paying Plusnet a second time through additional credit for phone services I've already paid for and Plusnet had agreed to provide. I have absolutely no intention of doing this, nor of paying the administration fee normally charged when credit is not added in advance of the threshold being reached. When I'd asked Plusnet on Monday whether they would try to do this I never received a clear reply.

I am absolutely furious with Plusnet for putting me in this position and taking no effective action to deal with it. It's not the only problem I've had since joining and I'm getting absolutely fed up with phoning Plusnet and wasting my time trying to sort out their errors. Plusnet tells me I don't have a call plan but contractually I do. They agreed to provide me with this plan, happily accepted my advance payment for it and never told me they had failed to apply it. Technically I don't have a call plan but that it entirely Plusnet's fault for not applying it (for reasons they seem unable to explain). The software issue preventing the plan for being applied now is also their fault. I have made no chargeable calls to date and it is simply outrageous for them to claim I am reaching a fictitious credit limit. If today I find myself unable to make phone calls it will be the last straw. 

If someone from Plusnet is reading this would you please try to sort this matter out for me. Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Call plan not applied to order

Thanks for your post @hope

From what I can see you've called in regarding this and we've taken steps to resolve this.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
hope
Hooked

Yes. Thank you Matthew. I've been emailed that my new account is now functional but I can't log into it - just getting 'invalid username or password'. I can however still log into the old account. 

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @hope

This might have occurred while we were waiting for the Member Centre component on your account to go active - is this still an issue?

If you're still experiencing problems, does changing the password via the "forgotten password" facility help?

Best wishes

Dave

hope
Hooked

Thank you, Randall. After a bit of experimenting it turned out that the problem was I'd set up the new account over the phone and the person dealing with it had entered my username incorrectly with some upper case letters where I'd stipulated lower case. Now that issue is resolved.

However, when I log in I get the same error message I had in the previous account:

"An error has occurred

There's currently an issue with your account, meaning you can't make any changes to your services."

This message previously indicated the IMT issue that is proving temporarily unfixable.

The good news is that I do seem to have had the unlimited UK and mobile call plan applied this time, so unless there is something else that needs changing I guess this won't be a problem.

I'd be grateful if you could investigate to confirm whether this is in fact the problem or whether the error message indicates something else that might be fixable now.

Thanks.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @hope,

The error is part of the IMT and I can assure that it is not indicative of another issue on your account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
hope
Hooked

Just to be clear, are you saying that there is no issue, I can make changes to my account and the error message can be safely ignored because it is itself in error?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @hope,

I'm sorry for any confusion caused by the previous response. I can confirm that your summary is correct.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
hope
Hooked

I'd thought this was fixed. I have a new account and was notified that my old account was closed. However, I've just received another email relating to my old account warning me that I'm approaching my Home Phone credit threshold. How can this be happening? 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@hope,

So the move to the new account is fixed, and your services are working but, as previously advised, there's some background problems that are preventing the calls moving to the new service that no one can fix in the support centre. I'm afraid you'll have to completely ignore the emails you're receiving about the call limit, as obviously on the new account you have a call plan included.

As soon as it's resolved - which may take weeks - we'll ensure any billing discrepancies are manually resolved but we are unable to do this at present.