cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband switch imminent, but router not dispatched

bblx21081

Broadband switch imminent, but router not dispatched

Hi,

I applied to switch to PN recently and received an email from both existing ISP that the service would be transferred on Tuesday 14th Sep, that's 2 working days from today, the order tracking page shows "We're preparing to order your Plusnet Hub One.". Is the router going to be delivered on the day of the switch?

I don't know if there's a problem with my order as I had to separately raise a request to port my phone number after placing the order despite that the order details web page stated that my number wouldn't change.

I received an email from PN about Home Phone service going live on 14th Sep, but no email about broadband, can I assume broadband would go live on the same day so that the gap between old ISP stopping the service and PN taking over wouldn't be more than 24 hours?

4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Broadband switch imminent, but router not dispatched

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Orders.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @bblx21081, thanks for getting in touch. I am really sorry that you have not yet received your router.

It looks like the order hadn't been placed for the router yet, I'm really sorry about that and have now got this ordered. Please allow 3-5 working days for this to reach you.

If you have a spare router you may be able to configure this to work in the meantime, so long as it's not locked to another provider.

If you do encounter downtime, just give us a nudge on here once you are online and we can issue a refund for the downtime for you.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
bblx21081

Hi @LaurenB ,

Thanks for the update. Would you be able to find out whether the broadband would go live on the same day the service is transferred from my existing ISP which is 14th Sep according to their email? I still haven't received the email about broadband go live date.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to me, I am sorry that you haven't received any updates on the broadband order. I can see this too is also due to complete on 14/09/21, any time up to midnight.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team