cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband switch DELAYED & current internet CUT OFF!

Jay888

Broadband switch DELAYED & current internet CUT OFF!

I wish I had checked these forums first before choosing to switch to Plusnet. My phone and broadband was supposed to be activated yesterday but this never happened and no one communicated to me that there would be a delay. To make things worse, my internet with Sky got cut off whilst I was working from home! 

I checked my order and the activation date was updated to 15th March after 12pm. At 12pm today, still no internet so I rung up customer services who checked with their suppliers. They said there's a fault on the line and it will 48 hours to resolve, so now I have to wait another 4 days for it to be activated on Tuesday. Not even sure if they're capable after seeing all these similar issues. They'd better give me some compensation. 

Never had a problem like this before whenever I switched broadband providers in the past. 

I'm really regretting my decision now. Lesson learned, cheaper is not always better. 

I think I should post this on Trust Pilot and other forums to warn others before they encounter the same problems!

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Broadband switch DELAYED & current internet CUT OFF!

Hi Jay.

I'm sorry for the delay with your order.

From what I can see the engineering work appears to have been carried out, but upon triggering the order completion notification to us, they've unfortunately found a fault with the service which they're working on.

It's worth noting that a switch-over generally entails physical work at the exchange and/or cabinet and it looks like our suppliers have encountered a problem which needs an engineer to fix.

We're to expect your order to complete by the end of 18/03/2019. I'm afraid there's nothing we can do to speed this up due to the upcoming weekend, and we can't activate your account until the order has completed because it's likely that your service just won't work until the issues have been rectified. We'll update you when we know more.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet