cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband still not activated

rebeccahomer
Dabbler

Broadband still not activated

My broadband should have been live by midnight 31st December, Openreach engineer came out yesterday at 8.30am and he said it was all ok his end. Nothing has happened since. I called plusnet who advised that it should be up and running and not sure why it’s not. Couldn’t put me through to the team that deal with this as they are out of the office until Tuesday!!! Whist I think everyone deserves a break over the holidays why schedule new customers to be activated over bank holidays if no one is there to sort out any issues!! I have raised a complaint today at midday and promised a call back within 2 hours…no one called so I called them but they were closed. I think this is really really poor and not a great new customer service experience
23 REPLIES 23
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Broadband still not activated

@rebeccahomer Welcome to the Community. When you say your broadband is still not activated, what do you actually mean? Presumably your Hub is plugged in and switched on - which one is it? What colour are the lights?

John
rebeccahomer
Dabbler

The open reach engineer came and he plugged it in. The light is solid orange and I haven’t had an activation text / emails which to say it’s active. Thanks
jab1
Legend

OK. Sometimes the texts/emails don't come through, but it does sound a little like something has not quite completed at the Plusnet end.

You haven't said which Hub it is, but is it possible to log into the Hub and check the username and password showing on there?

John
rebeccahomer
Dabbler

Thanks John, it’s a hub two. When I log into my plusnet account is says order in progress
jab1
Legend

OK Rebecca. If you log into the Hub, what details does it show for you 'username' - this sounds a bit like the automated system hasn't completed your activation correctly.

John
rebeccahomer
Dabbler

Sorry to sound stupid but how do I do that?
jab1
Legend

Doesn't sound stupid, not everyone knows. Open a new tab in your browser, type in '192.168.1.254' - without the quote marks - and then fill in the 'User' and 'Password' details exactly as the details on the card supplied.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Steady Orange light suggests that the router is in sync with the cabinet.  It is not however connecting to the PlusNET internet service.  See https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-setup-guides/hub-two/

There have been cases where there is a wrong connection in the cabinet and the line is not connected to the right number.  It would be worth dialling 17070 check that the line identifier is correct and that the line is quiet (option 2).

The router should auto configure if on the right line and the service has been activated.  John is leading you to manual configuration of the user name.  If the line is not active that is still not going to work and will require staff intervention.  Normally all of this works with zero intervention.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

@Townman Yep, I was going that direction, and I did forget the possibility of a cabinet connection issue - thanks for the nudge. I was going to suggest, if this proved difficult that @rebeccahomer waited for the Help Team to pick up, but just wondered if I could get there first. 😉

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

It's a good approach which will eliminate all within the user's ability to check out.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rebeccahomer
Dabbler

The browser doesn’t respond when I put in those numbers
rebeccahomer
Dabbler

Really helpful, thank you. I clicked on trouble shoot and it had the wrong landline number in so clearly something wrong with the line.
jab1
Legend

Strange, Rebecca - where are you entering them? In the address bar or a search bar? It should be in the address bar.

John
jab1
Legend

@rebeccahomer wrote:
Really helpful, thank you. I clicked on trouble shoot and it had the wrong landline number in so clearly something wrong with the line.

OK. This will need PN Help Team intervention. Hopefully one of them will pick it up tomorrow or more likely Monday.

Sorry for the hassle.

John