cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband still not activated

ns7815
Hooked

Broadband still not activated

My broadband is still not activated despite being promised it would be by midnight last night. 

Very disappointed that I can't get through to anybody to understand what's going on let alone resolve it. 

I work from home and really need this activating ASAP. 

Any help, anyone? 

Tags (2)
14 REPLIES 14
ns7815
Hooked

Activation message not received - and after midnight

I've had broadband installed today and was told that I'd receive 2 messages to tell me first my phone line and secondly my broadband has been activated before midnight tonight. I've received the phone notification, but it's 12:06 and I've still not received the broadband message and the router doesn't work. What's going on?
ns7815
Hooked

Broadband not activated before midnight

I was told my phone and broadband would be activated before midnight yesterday. Still no activation for the broadband and I can't get through to customer support at all.

Not a good look for a new customer.
Tags (2)
hmcmorgan

Re: Broadband still not activated

I have exactly the same issue and the number I called told me no one could answer so there is no way to ask for help. Commenting to see if they come back to you with an answer - fingers crossed!

ns7815
Hooked

Yep, very disappointed.

I even rang up last night to check that broadband would be activated before midnight and was told it would be.

Phone line is activated, just not the broadband.

There's an Internet connection there running about 25MB, I literally just need it activating!

If there's a fix I'll post it here, but I expect we'll actually need to get hold of someone.

You expect a delay due to COVID etc, but not a completely unresponsive customer service.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

Several topics from on one subject from same OP merged.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
new_customer
Hooked

I'm in a similar situation, BT Openreach engineer came today and activated the connection, but the broadband isn't live while the phone line appears to be active but with the wrong number. The engineer said that there was nothing more to be done from BT's end. 

Amazingly I got through to Customer Service eventually. They claim that BT still has to check and confirm that the line is working okay. Sounds like buck passing. I don't know if or when the service will be activated. Almost impossible to get through via phone, online chat unavailable, they don't respond to online service tickets or update the My Account pages to provide any useful information. 

It's now 4 weeks since I signed up, and Plusnet messed up my order from the beginning. While Covid is creating problems for everyone, this meltdown in customer service must mean poor management and bad planning. 

ns7815
Hooked

I managed to get through to customer services eventually and was told that Openreach are still activating the line, and that they've spoken to them and it should be "in the next hour" but could be up to midnight again. They said they were confident it was working, everything was sorted and would be activated today, but that's what they told me yesterday.

Of course, this has now been over 4 hours ago and no sign of it being activated. 

I'm not holding my breath that it gets activated by midnight, I expect the same thing and I'll have to have the pain of contacting someone again tomorrow.

new_customer
Hooked

I received a phone-line-is-activated text message from plusnet yesterday but I can't make or receive calls on the new land line. And no broadband text message or line activation despite being promised that it would happen yesterday. 😧

ns7815
Hooked

An update for others in a similar predicament...

Broadband had still not been activated on the second day after it was meant to have been (despite being told it would twice).

I've spoken with the customer support team who have said it's an Openreach problem and they've tried to get it resolved but can't, I was told it would be another 24-48 hours (!) before my broadband would now be activated.

We're on 24h now and still no activation. I'm not holding my breath for tomorrow either.

Eja
Hooked

Ok my activation day is today 😞 nothing has been activated yet but am checking and will until 1159:59 !!

Eja
Hooked

FYI has just been activated ! Yaayyy I have internet !!

new_customer
Hooked

An update. My broadband is now working AFTER I called customer service yet again. Apparently, the line didn't get activated automatically as it should have due to some error in their process, and the agent fixed it manually then and there. There's still a problem with my phone line  - tested with 2 phones now - and they will send out another engineer & agreed that I would not be charged for this unless it was specifically a problem with my phone(s) (which were working fine until the switch).  

So to sum up, in my case, broadband non-activation was a Plusnet error, not BT openreach problem, If you are still awaiting activation, it's worth calling again to check. 

ns7815
Hooked

Hi all,

My Internet is now working too - I got a notification about 7pm tonight.

Seems to have done it automatically, but looks like others needed to call customer service once again!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Activation message not received - and after midnight

Hello @ns7815, thanks for reaching out to us here. 

I can see my colleagues in our provisioning team tried to contact you yesterday to discuss this issue, you can find a copy of the info they would have relayed here

Let us know if you need further assistnace,

Thanks.