cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband still at old address two weeks after it was supposed to be transferred...

Animal88
Dabbler

Broadband still at old address two weeks after it was supposed to be transferred...

We have no telephone or broadband at our new address two weeks after it was supposed to be transferred. No status updates. No communication to say what is going on...

Please can anyone explain how we get an update.

My wife is vulnerable to Covid and we need broadband and telephone to order food and medicines.

8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Broadband still at old address two weeks after it was supposed to be transferred...

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Broadband still at old address two weeks after it was supposed to be transferred...

Thanks for your post @Animal88 

I'm really sorry for the delay with progressing your house move order. 

I've put this through now and I've dropped you a reply onto the support ticket via your account Here asking for a bit more information so I can try to get the process sped up and your services installed as soon as possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Animal88
Dabbler

We were promised a call back this morning @10:30. Now 11:26 and nothing...

All questions closed, with a message on Question #206327303  "House move completed".

Broadband and phone still at old address...

Also, after speaking to the adviser, we received an email regarding updated details, which stated that our new address is the same as our old address, which doesn't make any sense?

What is the status of our move...?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your time on the phone @Animal88 

Really sorry for the delay and the difficulties we've caused. As discussed I'm taking this on personally and I'll call you back Wednesday morning with hopefully some good news. I've also re-opened the ticket/question 206327303 (it looks like this was closed by our system in error, this hasn't caused a delay though)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Animal88
Dabbler

We are in our mid to late 60’s and moved into a new flat on 15 Sept 2020. On 20 Sept we asked Plusnet to transfer out telephone and Internet access to our new address. It is now 17 Oct 2020 and we still have no telephone or Internet access in our new home.

I am Government registered as vulnerable to COVID-19 and we both have a number of health conditions. We are totally cut off and isolated at our new address – we cannot contact anyone and no-one can contact us!

As we still have no phone or Internet access, we are unable to obtain basic supplies, help or support.

On Thursday 15 Oct 2020, Plusnet promised to send us a dongle free of charge, which we could use until our telephone line and Internet connection is sorted out. We were told it would arrive the next day on 16 Oct. We waited in all day but no dongle turned up. We waited in again this morning but still no sign of any dongle.

Plusnet raised a welfare priority application with BT because we are vulnerable and to our disgust BT rejected the application because they said it involved too much work! There is a telephone point in our new flat but we are now being told that there is no line to our flat! Our new flat is purpose built for senior living so why isn’t there a phone line?Huh

We have been told that BT will not even visit the property to look at the problem until next Tues 20 Oct. Our situation is going from bad to worse as we are unable to contact people in order to sort out all the problems that are arising as a result of moving home and having no telephone/Internet access at our new address.

We feel totally let down by Plusnet and BT who have left us in an extremely stressful situation as we are isolated and cut off from supplies, help and support. This would be bad enough under normal circumstances but given that we are in the middle of a pandemic this situation is completely unacceptable.

We would also like to know why Plusnet keep closing question number 206327303 concerning this matter and stating ‘House Move completed’. How is the house move completed when we still have no telephone or Broadband and the situation is far from resolved?

Please provide us with telephone and Internet access without any further delay…

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Animal88 

I'm really sorry for the delay with getting your service activated at your new address. I think there's some confusion with regards to the mobile broadband dongle, as I explained over the phone, if we could send this out I advised this would be sent next day. Unfortunately however I've since checked and I'm afraid we're now longer able to post out these out.

While I appreciate the cabling to your property may be in place, Openreach's records show no line plant capacity on their network which means that there aren't any available lines showing within the existing route of the cabling, so what's known as a pair divert engineer is scheduled to go out tomorrow to investigate further and/or look at a new route.

I'm unsure why the ticket 206327303 keeps closing automatically every 24 hours, I suspect it's due to the way we've setup the house move on our own systems that your account doesn't like. I've created a new ticket 207323141 which should get around that issue. Again though this in itself hasn't caused a delay with getting your services up and running.

As promised last week I'll call you back Wednesday morning.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Animal88
Dabbler

Hi,

Phone line went out this morning (Sat, 24 Oct). Line dead, no dial tone...

Regards

Animal.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi there @Animal88, I am really sorry that you're having issues with your phone.

I have raised this to our suppliers for further investigation and will keep you updated via the account.

If you have an alternative number we can reach you on, please feel free to send this over in a PM.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team