Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband service due to become active by midnight on 15 October

johnnyham
Hooked

Broadband service due to become active by midnight on 15 October

Hi all

I have just moved to a new place and ordered Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra + line rental.

(The previous tenants also used Plusnet but I don't know if that is relevant).

The phone line was up and running within 24 hours of my order being placed and I have received a text saying that my 'broadband service is due to become active by midnight on 15 October'.

Simple question, does this mean that my broadband will likely go live at that exact point, or is it possible that it could go live before then?

From browsing the forum, I appreciate some people are waiting long after their 'go live' date, but I'm keen to hear from anyone who knows/has experience of broadband being active prior to the date given in the text.

Many thanks for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Broadband service due to become active by midnight on 15 October

Thanks for getting in touch @johnnyham and welcome to our community forums.

I've checked your broadband order and I can see it's due to go live on the 14th October before midnight. 

The text you've received advising of 15th October is referring to midnight as 00:00:00. Easier to think of it as by 23:59:59 on the 14th. Sorry for the confusion we've caused.

Let us know if there are any issues and we'll be happy to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
johnnyham
Hooked

Thanks for the reply, Gandalf. No confusion and no apology needed!

I should have worded my question better. I would like to know if it is possible that the broadband will be up and running before the 14th? e.g. might it be live from the 8th etc?

The previous tenants used Plusnet and their router is still in the flat - might that help speed things up, even as a temporary measure?

Are you able to explain what exactly needs to happen from Plusnet's side at this point to get everything up and running?

I am starting a new job on Monday and will be working from home so desperately need online asap.

Many thanks again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @johnnyham 

No problem, I've checked with our suppliers and I'm afraid that the 14th is the earliest they're able to commit to due to engineer availability. An engineer would need to go to the cabinet (the green box in the road) to activate your fibre service.

Once the engineering work's completed, it can take anytime up to midnight for the order to complete as the service then needs to be configured on the Openreach, BT Wholesale and our own systems automatically.

Unfortunately there's no temporary measure we can put in place to provide the service. Sorry for the delay.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
johnnyham
Hooked

Thanks again, Gandalf.

Will I receive a text/email today to advise once the service has been activated and to let me know when I can get the router set up?