Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband product change

snowwolf
Dabbler

Broadband product change

Hi

Fibre finally became available on my cabinet so I placed an order to change products from Unlimited to Unlimited Fibre Extra. Order went through and it confirmed that it will change over on 4th September 2017 (today). I got an email from Plusnet this morning saying "Your broadband product change is now complete" and if I login to the Member Centre my order status shows "Complete" and if I view Order Status everything is ticked.

However, my ADSL connection is still working and active - and if I try connect using my VDSL modem  (PPPoE) nothing works.

So I'm a bit confused why Plusnet are telling me my fibre connection is active and working when it doesn't seem to have been switched over yet (I'd expect the first sign would be my ADSL PPPoA connection to stop working)?

12 REPLIES 12
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Broadband product change

It can take until midnight to complete.
snowwolf
Dabbler

I understand that. What's confusing me is that Plusnet are telling me it's all done. Under View Order Status is 

Passed

Broadband order

Your broadband is now ready to use.

Surely they shouldn't be telling me it's all done until they are confident that it is actually all done?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hello there.

So I'm a bit confused why Plusnet are telling me my fibre connection is active and working when it doesn't seem to have been switched over yet.

We'd change your account over to fibre in anticipation of the work completing the same day. Sorry about the confusion caused by the wording of the email. We'll get feedback passed on about that.

(I'd expect the first sign would be my ADSL PPPoA connection to stop working)?

Yep.

It can take until midnight to complete.

Whilst this is true, it doesn't actually look like the order made it over to our suppliers systems. Sad I've manually put the order through now and we'll shortly confirm when your fibre service will activate via this ticket

I'd expect the order to complete before your next bill date and as we bill in advance for your services, I wouldn't expect you'd be paying for a service you're not yet getting. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
snowwolf
Dabbler

Thanks Anoush

Sigh, I really don't know why I expected this upgrade to go any smoother than my last 2 (https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/A-tale-of-woe/m-p/1066593).

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Another sad tale of PlusNet's/BTs broken ordering systems letting us down, will they ever put it right? My fibre upgrade was delayed by about 19 weeks after I received the pointless e-mail telling me my product change was complete, unfortunately although the checker showed fibre available and allowed an order to be placed BT had neglected to connect the fibre from my cabinet at the telephone exchange!Angry

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, hopefully it goes through without any more road bumps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
snowwolf
Dabbler

Hopefully I find out soon when (IF) the order has been placed/accepted...

"Our Support Team will provide a further update soon" - 2 days later still waiting

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry about the lack of updates and I'm even more sorry about the date our suppliers have committed to complete your fibre order. Sad I've sent you an email with confirmation.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Gandalf  That doesn't sound good. In message #4 above you stated  " it doesn't actually look like the order made it over to our suppliers systems" The question is why and is anything being done to sort it out, agent error, automation failure seem to be increasingly common on many ordering disasters lately, it just makes PlusNet look incompetent. I fully understand that is probably only a small proportion of orders that do go wrong but they are the ones that get shown up on the forum. As for your suppliers failings and blatant delaying tactics words fail me, (they would certainly be censored):smiley:

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

In this instance, it looks like the problem was with automation that didn't place the order to BTW.

As always I'll pass feedback on.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
snowwolf
Dabbler

So the good news. My fibre order went through.

The bad news is that I have exactly the same down speed as I had before. My up speed has increased though.

Could there be some setting/cap on my account that needs to be removed that is restricting my sync speed to ADSLv2?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It looks like your router is now in sync where we'd expect.

How are things now?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet