Did you mean: 

Broadband product change schedule didn't happen

FIXED
Estat
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Broadband product change schedule didn't happen

My ticket stated that my

Product change from Plusnet unlimited to unlimited fibre "Will take place on 2018-02-28 02:00:00 

I expected that it would happen then or during that day.  Am I expecting too much ?   Is this just a start point or is there a problem in that it's not happened?

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Broadband product change schedule didn't happen

Have you tried rebooting your router to see if that does anything?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Estat
Hooked
Fixes: 1

On oŕdering was informed that I would be emailed when switched over also may notice that service wasn't working, then I  could swap the router.  They say not to try to use new router until change carried out.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Fix

Pop you number into the DSL Checker and have a look at the narrative below the estimates.

It should say something like "an open order is due to complete on..." and give the date when the work should complete.

Note that it can take up until midnight of that date for the work to be done.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Estat wrote:

On oŕdering was informed that I would be emailed when switched over also may notice that service wasn't working, then I  could swap the router.  They say not to try to use new router until change carried out.

So changing from ADSL to fibre needs a router change (probably true) that has to be held back until the change is completed (why?). Is it me or do some agents need some training.

For information, the Plusnet Hub One works on both ADSL and VDSL.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to the community forums @Estat

As you've already discovered our suppliers have delayed your upgrade due to engineer availability in your area. Apologies for the lack of communication and for any inconvenience caused.

Your new router will work with both ADSL and Fibre. If you set it up beforehand then once the work is carried out on the day you should experience just up to a few hours drop in your connection and when it returns you should be on fibre.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet