Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband order tracker progress stall - switching from John Lewis

FIXED
jmnewman1991
Fixes: 1

Broadband order tracker progress stall - switching from John Lewis

Hi,
I am switching my broadband from John Lewis (which I realise is provided by Plusnet).
After a lack of progress up to my requested activation date and the tracker saying there was a line issue/number conflict, I phoned a couple of times and was told it was being processed with an activation date of today (20th).
I am currently waiting for it to be activated but noticed that the tracker online still shows no further progress with the line issue and number conflict still showing.
I don't know if this is still the case in which case it won't transfer or to expect it to be activated today as I was informed.
5 REPLIES 5
sg2

Re: Broadband order tracker progress stall - switching from John Lewis

I'm having the exact same problem. Decided to switch from John Lewis due to yet another price increase. But because I am still in my contract period I only have a 30 day grace period to switch supplier so if Plusnet doesn't move my order on soon I shall be landed with exit fees which I shall pursue Plusnet. Because I can't get through on the phone so messaged them to state that this is not a good start to our relationship but to no avail. Just hope someone somewhere is actually doing something!

jmnewman1991

It is now the day after my 'activation date' and despite not receiving a text or email saying it was activated, I thought I would plug everything in this morning and see (after all, communication has been shocking).
No surprise, orange light on the router with orange broadband light suggesting my account isn't turned on yet.

Edit: I changed my username and password in the router settings to my John Lewis ones and it works. No transfer of services and I continue to be paying over the odds for my John Lewis broadband that had its contract deal end 2 weeks ago.

If plusnet do not connect me within 3 days I will be cancelling and requesting a full refund and compensation.
jmnewman1991

You would think it would be so simple. @sg9 Getting hold of someone on the phone is so difficult. I've had more luck getting through via the John Lewis line rather than the plusnet line. They both go through to the same people.
jmnewman1991

Fix

Phoned again. Something needed manually transferring which was done within 10 minutes of the call.

I'm glad it all got sorted but I should not have had to pursue things in this way. The onus should not be on the customer in this regard.

sg2

Tried to call again today but still can't through to a body. Replied to 3 messages on the HELP ASSISTANT in my account and instructed Plusnet not to resubmit (one message states has been cancelled) my order due to their inability to resolve a simple 'line problem' when in fact there shouldn't be one (already supplied by Plusnet), not being able to provide basic customer service (even their chatline didn't chat on provided instructions on FAQs & website), not providing the contracted service on the scheduled day, taking the initial sign up fee prior to providing a working service, and a total lack of communication on the above. I've asked for a full refund of monies taken to date.

If this is a sign of things to come I can't take the risk of poor or non-existent service when my husband works full time from home.

Good luck if you decide to pursue.