Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband order stuck on Checking your line

gouttegd
Hooked

Broadband order stuck on Checking your line

Hi,

I recently moved in my current flat and last week I subscribed for a broadband service from Plus.net.

When tracking my order, I see that it appears stuck at the step "Checking your line" ("We've found a potential problem on your telephone line. We'll look into this and will be in contact with you shortly."). I have first seen that this Monday and nothing has changed since. I have not been contacted by Plus.net.

Can I have any more details on what is going on and what is this "potential problem"?

(For what it's worth, according to the landlord the previous tenant was already a Plus.net customer, so I did not expect any kind of trouble that may occur when switching from one ISP to another.)

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Broadband order stuck on Checking your line

Hi there.

I'm taking a look into this for you now. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for waiting and I'm sorry for the lack of communication.

It looks like our automated system failed to place the order with Openreach, because it detected the telephone number provided to us was already in use on another account. Likely the previous tenants.

As I can see that that account is closed/services ceased, I've manually placed the order now. Normally in these instances we should be able to get your services up and running without an engineer visit.

But it doesn't look like there's a "stopped line" showing we can restart so I've had to place an order to install a new line. Once the order is confirmed by Openreach we should be able to request that the engineer just activates the services externally.

When we have more info we'll be in touch via this ticket: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=160578662

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gouttegd
Hooked

Thank you for your quick reply and your help! That's very much appreciated.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all, fingers crossed it doesn't take long for the engineering work to take place.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet