cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband order not activated on date

mp1990
Hooked

Broadband order not activated on date

I'm switching to Plusnet from another provider (standard ADSL broadband), the activation date was supposed to be yesterday but still it's still not completed. I haven't had any contact saying the order was delayed, can someone shed some light on this? Thanks.

20 REPLIES 20
mp1990
Hooked

Re: Broadband order not activated on date

Is there any update on this?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the delay. Does your broadband with your previous provider currently still work okay?

From what I can see our order to transfer your service across to us is delayed in the supplier systems, because what's known as a "stop order" wasn't passed across to your current provider as a notification for the transfer. 

Depending on whether you have broadband still would depend how we tackle this.

If your broadband does work, then I can raise a case to our supplier systems support desk to investigate further, however if it doesn't work, then I'd be more inclined to ask our suppliers to cancel the order and then replace it.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mp1990
Hooked

Hi thanks for the reply.

My broadband with the previous provider doesn't work anymore.

Would I be able to get a rough idea how long it will take to resolve (assuming the order will be replaced as mentioned in your reply)?

I'm needing it for my work. Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Assuming that the line is no longer active with your previous provider which likely isn't going to be, if your broadband doesn't work, then I'll be requesting the new order's expedited to completion.

As a rough timescale, I would say within 5 working days from when I'm able to place the order. 

I've got in touch with our suppliers helpdesk and they're in the process of cancelling the existing order, which should be done by tomorrow, so I should know more then. Will let you know once I do. 

I'll keep a close eye on this for you and make to get you back up and running as soon as possible for your work. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The order's cancelled, but the supplier records are showing the line in both a working and non-working state at your address, which is stopping me from replacing the order. I've been chasing this up with our suppliers through a case to their systems support desk and I'll update you again later today. Really sorry for the delay. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mp1990
Hooked

Ok thanks for the update

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, I've spoken with the supplier helpdesk just now and they're passing the case to their second line support team. I should have an update within 24 to 48 hours and will let you know as soon as I do. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Heya, just to update I've been escalating this with our suppliers and they're definitely on the case. It seems to be a rather complex issue and sorry I haven't got more of an update yet. Should hopefully know more tomorrow. 

[edit]

In the meantime, is it possible for you to call your previous provider just to confirm if the service is ceased their side and if it isn't then to test the line and try to raise a fault to get you back online? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
greygit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

" supplier records are showing the line in both a working and non-working state"

Schroedinger line stats?

greygit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I think someone appreciated my s-o-h.

mp1990
Hooked

Just to confirm I've checked and the service is definitely ceased on their side.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for checking!

Do you use a landline phone by any chance or know if that's ceased as well as your broadband? 

I've also chased this up with our suppliers this morning and one of their managers is looking into this. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mp1990
Hooked

Hi, sorry I don't use a landline phone so not sure on that.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, if your previous provider have confirmed it's ceased their side I'll take it to our suppliers to investigate further. 

I'll let you know once I know more which should be today or tomorrow at the latest. Sorry that this is dragging on. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet