cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not working yet

Ty243
Hooked

Broadband not working yet

I had my broadband installed by an engineer on Monday and called on Tuesday because it was not working. I was told that the faults team were running tests but have not had any further update. Please could you let me know what is going on? Clearly the installation wasn't done correctly and as a new customer this is not very impressive.
10 REPLIES 10
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Broadband not working yet

Welcome to the community forums @Ty243,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your connection following your orders completing.

Testing your line is indicating a potential problem within the property and our suppliers are requesting we book an engineer to proceed with a fault report.

Before we do this, we'd like to try and rule out problems that could cause the appointment to become chargeable.

Please could you confirm your router is connected directly to the master socket within your property via a microfilter? (Please not if you have a pre-filtered socket, you would not need to use a microfilter and this could cause problems)

If you are already connected via the master socket, it may be worth removing the faceplate from your socket and connecting directly to the test socket. More information on how to do this can be found here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If you continue to experience problems while connected via the test socket, please could you respond to the fault ticket on your account with the requested information here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=152492006

Once you've replied to the ticket, please drop us a reply here letting us know and we'll get an appointment booked in for you.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Ty243
Hooked

Thanks Harry. I was asked to do all those things on Tuesday and they did not help. I have responded with availability on the ticket but really would appreciate a visit tomorrow for the reasons given on the ticket.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Thanks for that. It took a little longer than expected, however following a conversation with our suppliers, an appointment has been confirmed for you.

Hopefully all goes well with the appointment for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Ty243
Hooked

Thanks Harry - much appreciated.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

No problems, let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ty243
Hooked

So I've spent the whole afternoon sitting in my flat (for the second time) and the engineer has not turned up...
Ty243
Hooked

Is there any update on this please? I spent (another) 30 minutes on hold with customer services this morning only to speak to someone with no information and was promised a call back by lunchtime which I did not receive. I really need to get this up and running asap.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry for the delayed response.

We're looking into this and we'll update you shortly.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Ty243
Hooked

Is there any update? If I don't hear something tonight I will be calling tomorrow morning to cancel the contract and move to Virgin because frankly the customer service that I have received has been ridiculous.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

I am very sorry to see you've decided to cancel your account. I've reviewed the fault report and it looks like our suppliers rejected the appointment they booked because of an open phone fault (even though there isn't one).

I'd like to wish you all the best with your new provider.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet