cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not activated

whereinsussex1

Broadband not activated

Phone activated 12 days ago

Broadband activation date has been {strCustActivationdate} ever since. Not helpful.

Tried to call: nobody answering

Chat switched off: you recommend Twitter

Sent a DM on Twitter which started "My username is"

TWO days later get a reply "what is your username"?

Replied to that. No response.

Tried to ring. No answer.

What is going on? Why aren't you talking to customers? Why are you taking my money? Why don't you answer the phone? Why do I have no broadband?

And finally... why do I feel you will answer using "our supplier" and "experiencing high volumes" as if that is an excuse for {strCustActivationdate}

3 REPLIES 3
whereinsussex1

Re: Broadband not activated

Update on this farce.....

Phoned at 08:20 this morning, spent 10 mins in a queue (short!) and then told that the department I want doesn't open until 9am and they can't tell me anything I don't already know.

Phoned again at 09:00.... spent around the same amount of time in the queue.  Got told this time that I needed to be put through to "Provisioning" and they would just speak to them and then put me through.

A few mins later reconnected to original person "the queue is a bit long, do you mind if I just pop you in it?"

Here we are around 30 mins later, listening to the same music..... how can a department open at 9am and then have this length of queue immediately?

How long do I stay at home listening to the music?  Will I ever be connected?

whereinsussex1

So....
After a 56 minute call, of which around 45 mins was on hold, a helpful and very apologetic member of staff told me that my broadband hadn't been ordered, the automated system had failed to order it, no human had intervened and other than ordering it now there was naff all that could be done!

In addition to this there is no option for them to get an urgent order through.

Just got a text message to say it would be active a week next Tuesday..... so see you next.... hmmmm....
cbcadmin
Grafter

I am getting the same strCustActivationDate error. Sad

Any plans to sort this as it looks to be a regular problem going on previous posts?

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Vodafone FTTP via THG3000 & Three via ZTE MF286D

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7