cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband move delay

grms

Broadband move delay

Hello,

I recently moved but I'm having a few problems with my order. The expected activation date is today 12/04/19 but upon calling customer support I was informed that my order was stuck because I wouldn't be able to keep my number. I informed the support agent that I don't mind changing, so I'm told my order was updated and I'll be notified of a new date shortly.

Here are the problems

1. On the Help Assistant, there is now a new message that says I will "receive my router by post within 5 working days". This is a house move for the exact same Unlimited Fibre Extra product. I already have the Plusnet Hub router, and the agent that first ordered the move confirmed this. Is there going to be a delay because of that mistake?
  2. I never receive emails, SMS, or anything of the sort, despite my communication preferences. I have to go to the help assistant to view updates so I wonder if I'm missing anything.
  3. On this new Help Assistant message, I quote "We'll be in touch to confirm your committed date shortly". How long does this usually take? I never received a revised date since the original 12/04/19
  4. I was told I would receive compensation and a refund as a goodwill gesture but no further details. I am on an expensive and painfully flaky 4g plan so any delays are costly.

I hope to get some clarification as I'm looking forward to my service activation. I only care about the broadband service as I haven't even connected a phone in 3 years of using Plusnet. Thank you for your time and sorry if this is just a misunderstanding!

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Post released from Spam Filter.

3 REPLIES 3
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Broadband move delay

Hi @grms, thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry for the issues you have had with the activation of your services at your new property. Please disregard the message advising you'll receive your router within 5 working days. As you already have the hardware required for the fibre service you'll not require a new router. Apologies this was advised on the ticket.

It looks like the updates being sent are being sent as emails to yourself. An email was sent to yourself this afternoon with regards to your orders being replaced. Can you confirm if you've received this. If you didn't, can you private message me your email address and mobile number and I'd be happy to check they match up with the details we have on our side.

We should be able to confirm the activation date of your services within the next 24 - 48 hours once our suppliers have processed the order on the system. The confirmed activation date will be updated on that open support ticket.

With regards to a gesture of goodwill, we will need to wait for the orders to complete at which point we'll look into the issues you have had and a gesture of goodwill will be offered to yourself that is fair and proportionate to the issues had.

If you need any further assistance, just let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
grms

@abails0105 Awesome, thanks for the very prompt reassurance. 

I think the email issue was resolved. Just for future reference I solved it by unchecking all my communication preferences, saving, then ticking Email again and saving. Now I'm getting email updates again.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

That's great to hear @grms and thank you for the update.

If you need us for anything else please feel free to give me a shout as we are more than happy to help!

Kind Regards