cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband live but my router has not arrived

leoallan

Broadband live but my router has not arrived

I've just moved providers from Talk talk to Plusnet mainly due to the great customer service reviews that the company gets but already I'm having issues with what should be a simple process to manage.

After initial sign up I received letters and emails saying I would be kept informed of the progress of my order placed 10th Feb.

Nothing until the 4th March when my old provider cut me off and plusnet sent a txt saying that I'd be connect on the 5th before midnight.

I received 2 messages on the 5th aroubd lunchtime saying first my phone was connected and second the broadband order was complete. Then 2 hours later another message saying that the router had been dispatched. Surely this should be dispatched before the go live date!

I've tried to reconfigure my TT fibre route but it's unable to connect using the settings shown on the website. Which has meant no internet for the passed 5 days, not great when working from home.

Now to make matters worse I get an email from Plusnet this morning 9th March saying that my router will be dispatched today!!! 5 days after I've "gone live" and with a 3-5 day lead time.

I've seen previous forum posts about this issue, this element of plusnet service really needs improvement as this has never been an issue for any of my previous suppliers for the passed 10 years.
I'm wishing I never switched due to these issues and I'm hoping to get a credit for what looks like at least a week with no internet.

Also to make plusnet look even worse I received a freepost return envelope from TalkTalk (a company that doesn't score we'll for customer service) asking me to return their old router.
1 REPLY 1
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Broadband live but my router has not arrived

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'