cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband due to go live today.

lukenukem

Broadband due to go live today.

Hi,
My broadband is due to be switched from an old address to my new address today. I was wondering if there was any idea of what sort of time it will go live?

Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Broadband due to go live today.

Hi there.

I've checked your order and I can see it's booked in for "18/07/2019 ALLDAY" which means that the engineering work can be carried out anytime today and the order should complete before midnight. Unfortunately our suppliers haven't provided us a narrower timeframe so I'd recommend just setting up your router into the master telephone socket in advance and once the work has been completed, it should light up blue and you should be able to connect.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lukenukem

Thanks for your reply. I am waiting for the light to turn blue with a keen eye!

Cheers.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem. Fingers crossed it's soon!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looks like your broadband order has completed but our tests are showing your router not physically connecting to the line. Assuming the router is still switched on, can you try the steps Here and if you still can't connect I'd recommend raising a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net Let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lukenukem

Hey thanks for the update. I've plugged the router into what I believe is the master socket and looks all good. Only problem is I need it to be plugged into the socket I originally had it in. Is this not possible?
Tha ks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, it's good to see you up and running now.

It sounds like there may be a problem with the extension socket or the wiring between the master and the extension, apart from arrange for your master socket to be moved at a cost of £160 I don't think there's much we can do about that I'm afraid. It may be cheaper to hire a third party qualified telephone engineer to investigate further.

Having said that I'd personally always recommend to use the master socket especially for fibre broadband as more things can go wrong when it's an extension for example the distance the fibre signal has to travel would be greater which may impact on your speeds/connection, and it'd also be dependent on the quality of the wiring.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lukenukem

Thanks for the info. I will have to buy a wireless WiFi adapter for my pc!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cool, or if you find the wireless signal isn't great a powerline adapter could also work although that's dependent on the quality of the electricity wiring and that the two power sockets being on the same electricity circuit.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet